Author Topic: flixel status report  (Read 3375 times)

Adam Atomic

• Founder
  • Key Contributor
  • new dad
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic
flixel status report
« on: Thu, Jun 4, 2009 »
Hey!  I thought since there were people sneaking in here already that I should probably post up something about where the release is at currently:

FLIXEL
- 100% code complete
- Partially commented
- Completely undocumented

mode (the source-included demo game)
- 100% code complete
- Partially commented
- Waiting on a couple MP3s

When I get back from climbing I'm going to go through and get everything commented, so as soon as I get the MP3s for mode I can at least get the release itself uploaded.  The online documentation is going to be very thorough, and generated Doxygen-style from the code comments, but it may not go online until later this weekend, due to some regex complications.

As of right now I am not planning to put together any extensive tutorials myself, but if you are interested in putting together a simple tutorial sometime after the release let me know, and I may be able to be available by IM or Email to help with any speedbumps.  Tutorials that would be great to start with:

1 - Importing the sample game code into Eclipse and running it
2 - Importing the sample game code into FlashDevelop and running it
3 - Creating a simple 'hello world' app in Eclipse
4 - Creating a simple 'hello world' app in FlashDevelop

Other tutorials about collision or creating interesting combinations of sprite objects will be wonderful and should apply generally to any of the various development setups; it's the basic project creation that I think will be the main barrier to people messing about with this stuff.

Thanks!

Adam Atomic

• Founder
  • Key Contributor
  • new dad
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic
Re: flixel status report
« Reply #1 on: Thu, Jun 4, 2009 »
Code commenting is about 80% complete, just wrapping that up and putting the finishing touches on 'mode', everything should be up in a few hours.  Proper online API documentation should be ready by sometime this weekend too!

Adam Atomic

• Founder
  • Key Contributor
  • new dad
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic
« Reply #2 on: Fri, Jun 5, 2009 »
Ok it's out :)

SMRobot

« Reply #3 on: Fri, Jun 5, 2009 »
Great! Once I get a bit more confident with the framework I might try and do a few tutorials on the basics of flixel to help out newcomers. This looks really great and I can't wait to start developing with it.=!