Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 52887 times)

Kyatt

• View Profile
    • Beeserker The Videogame
Re: Introductions
« Reply #180 on: Wed, Oct 31, 2012 »
Kyatt here. A couple of months ago, I was involved with a project that used Flixel, but I only did the art for it. I recently started to learn Flixel for myself, and in my search for answers, I was constantly brought to these forums, so I decided to join.

It's been a while since I've created a game - I haven't done it since the old ZZT days, however long ago that was.

pWEN

• Cicadomorph
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #181 on: Fri, Nov 9, 2012 »
Hey there! It's been a while since I've joined the forums, but only just now discovered this thread...

Anyway, I'm Owen, aka pWEN (and variations thereof). I'm a programmer, primarily, and have been working in Flash since 2007, migrating from AS2 to AS3, Flash to Flex, Citrus Engine to Flixel to Haxe NME... Well, the latter I'm still learning. My day job is programming educational software in Flex, but my passion lies in game design. I also like helping others with programming when I can; I'm bad about keeping up with the help section here, but feel free to PM me. :)

I'm currently working on my first game for official release (for real this time!), an educational game that promotes entomology and entomophagy as boons of ecological stability. Also, my icon is a cicada, in case you were wondering. :)

Mollrow

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: Fri, Nov 23, 2012 »
Hello! I am a programmer in the game industry and college student in CS. I've been programming and trying to make games for the last few years (independent of my current job). I have always met with not finishing (hardly starting). I just started looking at flash and flixel yesterday and I'm already hard at work on my first flash game. I feel like I am making significant progress over my usual attempts, so I have high hopes for finally completing a game independently. I look forward to participating in the community over the coming months, and hopefully my knowledge of programming can come useful to some of those here :)

felix20

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: Thu, Dec 20, 2012 »
Hello, I'm felix20 or felixNemis.
I love computers and programming them, especially making games.
I've used flixel for a few little projects here and there, and now that I'm actually working on something I plan to release. I figured I'd make an account here.
So here I am. :D

VerbVirus

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: Tue, Jan 15, 2013 »
Hey all,

My name is Gerard but I'm using this VerbVirus handle. I've spent the last year working at a software development house programming in Java. In 2013 I'm going back to do another year at University and I've taken the recent break from full time work to make a game using Flixel. I have really enjoyed the game making process and I hope to undertake a bunch of projects in the future.

blitz

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: Mon, May 6, 2013 »
Hi Everyone!

First of all, I'm very happy to finally be able to access the Flixel Forums. I'm from outside of America, and my ISP's IP Address Range is permanently blocked from Flixel Forums. After a month of giving up and trying again, I was finally able to work around the IP Ban and gain access to the dev-"treasures" hidden within the Forums.

Now about me: I have been doing casual flash movies and games in the past, most of which are done with only 5-10% of codes. I usually make my games via the TimeLine, with tweens and just the stop and play actionscripts, I learned how to use flash on my own,
so I dont really know much about scripting. Now that Adobe AIR enables us to export our Flash Games to Mobile, I've decided to learn action scripting and plan on developing free casual games during my free time. After researching in the past months, reading about other Mobile Game Dev softwares (Game Maker, Corona, Game Salad), I've decided to learn Flixel, basically since I find that it has the most tutorials out there. And also because I already know a bit about flash scripts. I also wanted to check out FlashPunk, but their website is down so I guess I'm simply destined to learn flixel.

I hope the Admins can do something about the IP Range Ban, it is doing more harm than good (more people unable to access the forum, as we all know this is the BEST forum to go to in terms of learning Flixel) and people not being able to access it gives more people less chance to learn this awesome framework.

I'm sure there are already other alternatives and more effective ways out there in preventing SPAM bots from accessing the forums.

Thank you, I'm now off to check Flixel for Android and see how can I utilize touch controls in Flixel. :)

mabdulra

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: Tue, Aug 27, 2013 »
Hi! I'm Mo. I've lurked here for a while but never made a post until just now.

We've been working on a lil game with Flixel for a few months now and we're really happy the tools existed to build it. We've had some crazy coding hurdles, including one where we had to go into a few Flixel files and make edits in order to get results we wanted, but things have been going smoothly since those dark early days of getting everything set up.

I really enjoy character writing and dialogue. I love having a very diverse cast of characters in every sense of the word: personality, race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. I guess as a minority myself, it's hard to look at AAA titles and find characters that make me say "Yes, I can relate to this character on so many levels." Usually I feel sympathy for a character but hardly ever can I relate to one.

So I want to make games with character that people can both sympathize and relate with.

That's all about me though, for now at least. Thanks for having me, and I'm glad to be here! :)

Blue and Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: Wed, Oct 30, 2013 »
I'm Blue.  I am a writer by trade, with a lifelong dream of getting in the game industry, but I know that just being a screenwriter isn't gonna help.  Sooo I'm gonna learn Flixel.  However, I am COMPLETELY lost.
My goal is to make this:

Something tells me I'm gonna ask a loooot of stupid questions even after reading all the guides, so bear with me. <<

Onion Prince

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: Fri, Nov 1, 2013 »
Hey everyone!

My name is ONION PRINCE and I don't know what I'm doing for the most part. I'm an art person and an aspiring game person. I've been trying to figure out flixel on and off for the last few months and decided to join this forum as a means to really GET SERIOUS about it.

I look forward to talking to all you nice people and I hope you'll bear with me if I have  dumb questions.

taistelusopuli

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: Wed, Dec 11, 2013 »
wHi all!

Me name iz taistelusopuli and I am a 23 year old composer from Finland! I've been involved with music for several years but just recently engaged actively in creating game scores. I don't have too many titles under my belt but they will surely come.

Outside creative work I love martial arts. Every morning as a refreshing exercise I put Tekken 6 in my XBox and imitate the moves the characters make. So much fun!

I'm looking forward to work with you all!

mceldritch

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: Sat, Feb 8, 2014 »
Hello.

I am a software engineer in Austin Texas and I have been using Flixel since the spring of 2009.

In the years since I have used it for other people's games and for my own games.

In my current job, I use Actionscript 3 without Flixel for web game development.

Though I still use for Flixel for personal projects.

Hoping to contribute.

B_Stiles

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: Sat, Feb 8, 2014 »
Hello, I'm a CS student in my last year of college and I'm with a group of people making our first game using both Flixel and the Flixel Power Tools.  I'll probably have the occasional question regarding the libraries and I would love to contribute to them as well.

Wow this place requires a lot of human verification.  Been having trouble with spambots?  Also, why do I need to know the name of a famous endless runner make in Flixel?  Let's just see if my google-fu is strong enough to guess correctly.

baconandgames

• Global Moderator
  • "Whatever you are, be a good one."
    • View Profile
    • Bacon and Games
« Reply #192 on: Sat, Feb 8, 2014 »
Yes. We're like catnip for spammers lately. But all that human stuff seems to keep them out, so thanks for your understanding. Welcome!

TurtleGMR

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: Mon, Jul 21, 2014 »
     Hello! My name is Thorin Kafka! I'm 14-years-old. I love games (all shapes and sizes of games), music, movies, books, my violin, my computer, computers, money, long lists, and making things. I also reply to a couple of "pen names". My artist "pen name" is TikMan ('Tik' are the three initials of my first, middle, and last name. Also, TikMan is pronounced the same way you would say 'Pikmin', but still means "Tik Man")

I'm mainly an artist, but I have been told that I'd be very good at coding so I might also be a coder somewhere down the line of my life. I got your (Adam Atomic's) Flixel-Library-Thing setup and I'm excited to learn how to use and make some pretty cool games. I originally tried making 3D games using Unity, but found that it was something that I couldn't do with my present day knowledge. I found out about the game "Canabalt" from somewhere and thought that if someone could make this I could too. So I looked and found the Flixel Library. I still need to learn some things in order to use it (the main thing being AS3) but I might just lend my artistic talent to people here and there for there games instead of trying to make my own games. I would like to make at least one of my own games, so look out for that.

doug

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: Wed, Apr 29, 2015 »
Hey everybody! My name's Doug (I'm stoked that username wasn't taken). I'm a 22 year old Computer Science guy based in a town outside of Boston, Massachusetts. I play Dungeons and Dragons, make music (royalty free, and I take requests sometimes  ;) ), rock climb and occasionally kayak.

It's always been my dream to make video games, ever since I played my first one way back in the day. That was when I was ... 4, I think. Fast forward 18 years later and I still have this dream. I've been taking classes at a local college in computer science and programming stuff, and I'm a decent enough programmer I suppose.

Anyways, the other day I was feeling kinda lost in life and I had no idea what I was doing. In hopes to find some answers, I turned to that one dream that I always had. I did what any 21st Century man does and I googled it - "how do I start making video games". I found myself on http://youcanmakevideogames.com and he in turn lead me here. His video was incredibly inspiring as well as informative, and 20 minutes later I had flixel and FlashDevelop on my PC (Yes, 20 minutes. Irish public wifi is pretty trashy).

3 days later I have a functional game just nearly done. It's got a few bugs here and there, and presently most of the assets are default assets, but I think it's pretty fun. I'm testing out some levels now, making various tweaks and such, but you can have a play of it on my site -http://dougriss.com/games/fatquest.html. Critiques, comments, etc welcome.

And, because you have all been absolutely lovely by having such an active community and inadvertently answering a ton of my questions, I've decided that I'll be releasing the game free and open-sourced on github so any newbies can have a look through it and see how I did stuff, if they're curious! The link to the github project is here -https://github.com/dougRiss/FatQuest. If you wanna download it and take it apart or make your own version, I'd like it if you forked the repo instead of just downloading the zip - that way, people can browse the forks and look at your cool versions!

Anyways, yeah, that's me, and I look forward to getting to know everyone!

magesauce

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: Thu, May 28, 2015 »
Hey guys, I'm magesauce!

I just started getting back into making flash games after programming in C++ for a while.

Onyourbike

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: Thu, Mar 10, 2016 »
Hi,

My name is Robert Chappell. I am from London, UK. I like to say hello to all members.

mike96

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: Tue, Aug 30, 2016 »
Hi, friends. I am Mike Craig. I have just joined and this happens to be my first post. I will try and take my time off from work enough, to be able to relatively active on this forum. Its been long time that I wished to be a part of community, such as yours Fingers Crossed to have a wonderful experience.

-------------
Regards