Author Topic: Gaming Taxonomy and How To Classify Games  (Read 58 times)

Greendude123

• View Profile
Gaming Taxonomy and How To Classify Games
« on: Mon, Apr 3, 2017 »
Hey there!

I have a question for you guys: how would you go about classifying a game you developed?

Iím a student at the Illinois Institute of Technology and Iím looking for your help. We're running an online research study to develop a measure of game experience, and we're looking for input from game developers on game definitions. I was hoping you would be willing to take part in the study by responding to our 15-minute survey. It's all fully confidential, and I would be more than happy to provide you further details or answer any questions about my research and this study on this topic thread.

Survey Link: https://iitresearchrs.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5pZK3z7ZkG9AQsZ

You may find it surprising (or not, probably not) that academicians haven't figured a "proper" way to classify games, so game developer input is very appreciated. You guys contribute to science. Thank you!

Although I would like a response to the survey, I'd also love a discussion on the matter here on the forums!

Best,
Green

Greendude123

• View Profile
Thanks for your time!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, Apr 13, 2017 »
Thanks to all who participated! We've stopped data collection, and gotten a lot of valuable feedback from you guys.

Despite the end of data collection, I'd still welcome any questions you may have about the study, or any input you guys have on game taxonomy.

Best,
Green