Author Topic: jesus... is this normal?  (Read 1867 times)

zez

• View Profile
    • Devlog
jesus... is this normal?
« on: Mon, Apr 19, 2010 »
I broke 1.3k unique hits on my diversion game (Grave E Tea,) today, before noon (actually, by the time I woke up) without any advertising (sept umm.. posting about it here, and on my facebook...) and virtually no distribution (its on mochi games, but Im pretty sure thats all) and got an E-mail from the manager of 4399.com.
Is that secretly just how making flash games works? Im utterly new to this, and a little bit dumbfounded, seeing as this is my first game and I really just wanted to try something out...

ShooterMG

• View Profile
Re: jesus... is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, Apr 19, 2010 »
If it's on Mochi, that would make sense. They reach a very broad audience in many countries.

nitram_cero (2bam)

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • 2BAM
« Reply #2 on: Fri, Apr 23, 2010 »
If the game is good it gets automagic hits. Perhaps add some analytics to it to know the referrals, i.e. from where are the players coming. Perhaps someone blogged your game.

zez

• View Profile
    • Devlog
« Reply #3 on: Fri, Apr 23, 2010 »
probably a good idea, though based on a quick google link it seems to have spread like herpes on a naval base, and some of those are linking my first build (as in, before I added live update or advertised it at all...) also, some feature amazingly awesome translations, my favorite is this one

"Move surrounding with the arrow keys, socialize points nigh eating crumpets or 'murder' Jelly Ghosts. If you indulge tea, the vet fades to a red provoked and makes some carry along behind effects chance. Well that is occasion, you can (to save a inadequate early) tire out Jelly Ghosts nigh perpetual into them. The Gravity also re-aligns itself to whatever stockade drive crazy is closest to you as opposed to of barely pulling you down."

I think the best thing about that translation is that it was in english, almost, and the game was released in english, so from the looks of it someone found it, translated it into some other language, posted it, then this site found the post and translated it back to english, poorly, without checking to see if it already existed in english...

xhunterko

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tue, Apr 27, 2010 »
Link to game?

(i'm being lazy today. day off and slept in)
Now on twitter: http://twitter.com/xhunterko I made a game that's in alpha you can buy here: http://xhunterko.itch.io/wave-miner-alpha

zez

• View Profile
    • Devlog
« Reply #5 on: Tue, Apr 27, 2010 »
http://www.mochimedia.com/games/grave-e-tea/

Its actually just an engine prototype, wrapped around pacman, but it seems pretty popular despite....