cai

• Contributor
  • the illest of villains
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Cash
Re: Micro
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Apr 21, 2010 »
Oh man, this is fantastic.

I absolutely love the graphical style, and everything jives together really well.  The only thing that really doesn't fit are the green buttons on the start screen (and they are very reminiscent of Mode).

The sound is good, too.  I really like the music, but it does tend to get a bit old after a while.

The gameplay is fun, although a bit easy.  I played for quite a while and only got hit twice.  I guess that could be useful for younger players, though.  Maybe have difficulty levels?

Awesome job with this.
Follow me on Twitter | Come join us at #flixel on irc.freenode.net!

Tomcwill

« Reply #2 on: Wed, Apr 21, 2010 »
That was really fun, I agree with the art style, it's nice, reminds me of Rugrats, the colours and music that is...not the other stuff :P

amitait

« Reply #3 on: Thu, Apr 22, 2010 »
It's addictive concept :)

The art is unique and good, the music is cute but it should change after ending the level and you need you put more kind of monsters and bonus stuff.

I like it, but it needs more work to be perfect.
Good luck!

UberGeorge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thu, Apr 22, 2010 »
Deceptively good game.

I'm going to disagree with everyone else and say leave the music as is.

The game is hypnotically addictive and the current music, redundant as it may be, contributes to that.

It is a bit simple though. Maybe add enemies that follow a more complex pattern as they sail by.

xhunterko

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tue, Apr 27, 2010 »
I agree with ubergeorge about the music. Maybe do a traditional virus graphic, maybe. Not bad though.
Now on twitter: http://twitter.com/xhunterko I made a game that's in alpha you can buy here: http://xhunterko.itch.io/wave-miner-alpha

kishi

« Reply #6 on: Wed, Apr 28, 2010 »
a bit dirty graphics, eye burning background color, loved music tho