Author Topic: Ludum Dare 17....  (Read 2542 times)

zez

• View Profile
    • Devlog
Ludum Dare 17....
« on: Fri, Apr 23, 2010 »
So, its tomorrow. Im doin it, and popping my ld cherry (actually, my any sort of game making competition cherry,) who else is in?
Im really hoping isolation wins. I have an awesome idea for a pretentious art game based on it, although if pretentious art game wins, I have a pretty good idea for a beatemup, (really tho, who hasnt at some point in they're life wanted to kick Picasso in the nuts? That cant just be me...)

luc

• no ablo anything except french
    • View Profile
    • scribbles
Re: Ludum Dare 17....
« Reply #1 on: Fri, Apr 23, 2010 »
I will "kinda" enter it but with a friend doing the music so not officially as teams aren't allowed.
Why would you like to kick Picasso in the nuts ?
Jealousy apart :)

ChevyRay

• View Profile
    • The Proper Undead
« Reply #2 on: Fri, Apr 23, 2010 »
Yo luc, sup dawg 8)

Yeah, I wish I could participate, as I really like several of the themes (especially "companion"), but too busy working on a project for a deadline right now :( so I won't be able to. But I'll be keeping tabs on the folks who are! Always love the stuff that comes out of LDs.

cai

• Contributor
  • the illest of villains
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Cash
« Reply #3 on: Fri, Apr 23, 2010 »
Oi, why do you have to register just to view the possible categories?!  Terrible.  For that, I'm going to list them here: Abandoned, Annihilation, Collecting, Companion, Continuous Motion, Dreams, Ecosystem, Escape, Evolution, Falling, Flood, Forest, Hunt, Islands, Isolation, Outnumbered, Parallel Universes, Pretentious Art Game, Survival, Teleportation.

Personally I'm a fan of teleportation and parallel universes.

Don't know if I can participate, but if I can, I definitely will.
Follow me on Twitter | Come join us at #flixel on irc.freenode.net!

nitram_cero (2bam)

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • 2BAM
« Reply #4 on: Fri, Apr 23, 2010 »
I'm in.

Same as luc; probably my GF is doing the music and exchange some ideas while working.

Arowx

« Reply #5 on: Fri, Apr 23, 2010 »
I'm in!

New to Flash and Flixel but had a play with the invader example and think I should be able to pull something simple together with this rather nice framework!

T minus 6 hrs 57 minutes  :D

Good luck and hope to see you there, tip: sleep well, food phots+journal = extra points ;) and Keep it Simple!

zez

• View Profile
    • Devlog
« Reply #6 on: Fri, Apr 23, 2010 »
goddamnit the theme is islands. Maybe I can do something cool with that, but grumble. Islands? Are you kidding me? Even evolution would have been better then that, and NOONE wants to play 50 Pokemon knockoffs, a poorly coded version of spore (more poorly coded?), and a Evo ripoff.... well, actually, I might play the evo ripoff... didnt pixel do that? Im procrastinating.

luc

• no ablo anything except french
    • View Profile
    • scribbles
« Reply #7 on: Fri, Apr 23, 2010 »
Heya Chevy !
Quite hard theme.
So much games not to copy from hehe.

nitram_cero (2bam)

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • 2BAM
« Reply #8 on: Sun, Apr 25, 2010 »

cai

• Contributor
  • the illest of villains
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Cash
« Reply #9 on: Sun, Apr 25, 2010 »

This is our entry.  I did all the programming (on no sleep, yay!), Germille did most of the art, and bftd did the sprites.  There are a lot of bugs and it's not exactly the most exciting game right now, but its sure does look pretty! ;D

So, what other flixel entries are there?
Follow me on Twitter | Come join us at #flixel on irc.freenode.net!

Arowx

« Reply #10 on: Tue, Apr 27, 2010 »
Didn't quite make it as an entry, had control issues with my evil droid army, mind you did try and drop them into the game at about T-2 hours! ;o)

You can play my [No Sfx/No Music] non-entry here: Energy islands: Conquest

xhunterko

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tue, Apr 27, 2010 »
I thought about doing a flixel game for LD17. But I tried to use MMF2 instead. I thought I had a working engine going. But it didn't turn out as I thought it would and didn't make the cut. So, 48 hours of doing a sprite sheet and 1 song, weeee. Next time I'll try and use flixel.
Now on twitter: http://twitter.com/xhunterko I made a game that's in alpha you can buy here: http://xhunterko.itch.io/wave-miner-alpha

zez

• View Profile
    • Devlog
« Reply #12 on: Tue, Apr 27, 2010 »
lol, I actually thought about using mmf2 as well, but at some point or another It actually got easier for me to type as3 then use the event editor, and I seem to get better results. I think its just that I type faster then I click on things, and although its alot easier to make mistakes this way, I seem to have gotten to a point where I can usually catch them...