Author Topic: [Verry WIP] Something to do with dystopian futures and gang warfare.  (Read 1398 times)

zez

• View Profile
    • Devlog
http://zez.herobo.com/gangs/gangs.swf
Controlls:Move with arrows, X jumps, C Shoots, V is melee attack, wasd are debug keys for gravity, eventually gravity will be set in some area's, and you will eventually get a powerup that makes it re-orientate itself to the nearest tile well it is activated (probably either z or b, depending on what feels more comfortable and how much I care about Germans,) ala grav E tea.
Motorcycle is steal-able, btw. Try to kill the rider and then jump on the seat to surf on it.
This is a work in progress on the basic engine of my new game. There is a bunch of stuff happening in this that isnt immediately apparent (read, totally impossible to tell from this build)
First off, the weapon system. Each weapon (melee or projectile) is basically just a collection of equip able, stacking power ups. These powerups range from doing things like making projectiles home, melee attacks autolock (turned on right now) too shots bouncing or melee attacks stunning.
Im also playing around with the idea of equipping different weapon types, either that determine the basic behavior of the weapon and dont stack, or that DO stack (Missile-lasers would be kinda weird tho, as would sword-axes.) In the event that they DO stack, I was planning on having melee attacks pick the most apropriate weapon when you swing it (so if they are in close, a dagger, if they are far away a spear,) out of the equipped types, and then just balancing weapons so that longer weapons take proportionately longer to use then short weapons, thus making it to your advantage to get in close, from a speed point of view, but also legit to attack from afar.

Frankly, I could use a hand realizing this game. I think I can handle the code load, and sound shouldnt be to hard, and I have two other people who have agreed to help with map design, and one helping with plot, but I wouldnt mind a hand in the graphics department.

TheUltimaton

• View Profile
looks good but i got outside of the boundaries and so i couldnt kill the baddies.

zez

• View Profile
    • Devlog
Yeah, thats fixed in the newest build, but there are some other things broken (unrelated to that) so Im waiting till I fix them and finish some other changes to upload it.