Author Topic: Colors Game  (Read 1904 times)

Retro-Rob

• View Profile
Colors Game
« on: Thu, May 13, 2010 »
Hi all!

Mysterious Mayhem is still coming along mighty fine, currently working on my first boss fight... This however is a little side project game of mine called Colors.

http://thepalehorsetattoo.com/rmaherPortfolio/Colors.swf

Click into the window and hit x to start it up.  The game is played on the NUMPAD or NumKeys.

Now give me feedback! :D

-Rob
« Last Edit: Thu, May 13, 2010 by Retro-Rob »

zuperxtreme

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Buddah
Re: Colors Game
« Reply #1 on: Thu, May 13, 2010 »
Oh man, I got a bad case of twisted fingers. :p

It's kinda hard to track so many objects at a time. I found myself just associating colors to the number and trying to remember in which order they came out. Even then, I still couldn't hit all of them.

Right now it feels more like a mental exercise or work than a game, IMHO. :/
..."without order nothing exists, without chaos nothing evolves"... 
Zoklet.net

hima

• View Profile
    • My Dev Blog
« Reply #2 on: Thu, May 13, 2010 »
I have no problem hitting them at all, but this is probably because I play Pop'n Music, which is similar to this, by the way. Not that it's a bad thing though, because I like it :D 

Please, turn this in to a music simulation game. I find the numkey fit perfectly well!

Retro-Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thu, May 13, 2010 »
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Some other ideas I had for the game would be to add in spacebar as an octave changer.   So when the center white square starts to enlarge or give some visual cue you hold down space and the tones shift in octave or key.   Might try it out and see if it's not to complicated.

Also another idea I had was to add in a instrument mode where a user could record the input of their songs and post it to a facebook page for the game.   Other users could copy the song and input it into their own game in a challenge mode or something.  

Let me know what you think!!!!!
« Last Edit: Fri, May 14, 2010 by Retro-Rob »

hima

• View Profile
    • My Dev Blog
« Reply #4 on: Sat, May 15, 2010 »
It would be nice if the game can read a script file(text file) from facebook user's note URL. This way I can share the note URL to other player and they can just copy and paste the URL into the game, and play the song I create :D

MaToMaStEr

« Reply #5 on: Sun, May 16, 2010 »
oh my god
the only problem I had playing this is that the size of the movie is too big ! so while im looking at the squares on the top half to arrive im missing the ones on the bottom half of the stage... damn!
I think this should be fixed to allow a more general view of the game

nice concept btw!

Valenti

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Mon, Jun 14, 2010 »
Hi, I thought this was a decent game, but it took me a long time to get my rhythm going.  What would have helped me I think would have been to hear the tune how it was meant to sound beforehand so I know what I'm aiming for.  Also, with so much going on it was hard to tell what I was doing wrong.  Some pop-up text above each button saying 'too fast' or 'too slow' would have got my head into the rhythm much quicker.

Retro-Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tue, Jun 15, 2010 »
Thanks for the feedback guys!   This game's taken a back burner as I'm still working on Mysterious Mayhem.