Poll

To much questions

Sprites
0 (0%)
Develop
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Please help  (Read 1055 times)

Juanfish

Please help
« on: Fri, Jul 9, 2010 »
Hello everybody! well im totally new to this thing of flash develop, flex and flixel, I had made the hello world tutorial with AS3 and FLEX, and FLIXEL to. Everything allrigth. Now some things  that i cant understand:

Sprites: Adam Atomic ( CANABALT is ****ing amazing!!!) have some game examples with source abble to download here in flixel main paige, I downloaded FLX INVADERS beacause the aliens have animation. I noticed that the alien file is a PNG not a GIF and this PNG file have 3 pictures of the moves of the alien. How in hell flash develop (or flixel or flex) understand this file and animate it??? its that the right way to create the animations?? (as you can see, i have no idea how create 2D animations).

the code: which programing language i have to learn to work with flixel? just AS3? i know for flash develop i nedd to use AS3 for AS3 projects, i dont know the conditions for FLIXEL.

Load projects: Well as i wrote before, i downloaded the FLX INVADERS' source, but i cant use it in flash develop, i think that i have to import the project but nothing happen, flash develop request for a ".actionScriptProperties" file and it doesnt exist in the folder (No adam, I dont want to stole your works). Why I want to see working the project? because another problem that i have but i'll post in another poll

Im a boat lost in this wonderful sea of 2D games ):

Hectate

• View Profile
Re: Please help
« Reply #1 on: Fri, Jul 9, 2010 »
Sprites: when you load the .png into your project, you also tell it if it's for an animated FlxSprite or not. If it's animated, you can also tell it the dimensions of a single frame. Thus, if you tell it the frames are 32x32 pixels, it will automatically allow you to use 3 frames for an image that is 96x32 to create your animation.

Code: Just AS3. Some people have been importing other code/scripts into Flixel/AS3 for use (XML, etc). To get Flixel working though, it's all AS3.

Projects: I haven't tried to load that one yet. Maybe someone else has the answer?
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.

Juanfish

« Reply #2 on: Fri, Jul 9, 2010 »
Ohhh thats a good answer, i though that could be that way, but I wasn't to sure. I looked at the code again and is a fragment where animation is created, I havent realized before.

Thanks for your answer, now wait if somebody tell me how import projects.
Thanks a lot :)

Hectate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Fri, Jul 9, 2010 »
Consider that the issue may lie with your FlashDevelop settings, be sure to check their website or forums for similar issues. If it IS a FD problem, you're more likely to find a solution sooner there.
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.