Author Topic: Super Noni's Adventure  (Read 1986 times)

Jon

• View Profile
    • Stencyl
Super Noni's Adventure
« on: Mon, Aug 16, 2010 »
Super Noni's Adventure is a platformer that is unique in the way it was created - it was a 10 or so person collaboration that we did as way to study how we can build collaborative features into our toolset by observing people working together remotely.

Play Super Noni's Adventure!

The game itself is about 13 areas long, so it's a brief but hopefully satisfying play.

There are some minor collision issues we're working out still (Box2D-related), but the worst stuff in general has been fixed by this point. If you do run into something, let me know here, and be as specific as possible about how you made said issues happen.

If you ever get stuck, the "debug" code is:
UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, T, E, S

Type that anytime in the game, and it'll bring you to a special debug room. :)

Berzee

• View Profile
Re: Super Noni's Adventure
« Reply #1 on: Tue, Aug 17, 2010 »
That's pretty cool =) Especially how consistent it remained across 10 people.

Most annoying thing: the knockback when you get damaged. Getting knocked straight down out of the air might not be terribly bad, but being safely over dry land and then having a bullet make you seemingly jump back into a pit, not so fun. It eventually got so frustrating that I stopped, when I'm sure I would have played all the way through otherwise, because everything else is excellent.

I wanted more checkpoints, but then I realized I only wanted them when I died because of that blasted knockback.

Dro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wed, Aug 18, 2010 »
Who wrote this nice Kirby-like music?

Dro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wed, Aug 18, 2010 »
gameplay is solid and fun. but I fell lack of abilities.

Level B after several deaths  ::)

Jim

« Reply #4 on: Wed, Aug 18, 2010 »
That happened to me as well.

Jon

• View Profile
    • Stencyl
« Reply #5 on: Wed, Aug 18, 2010 »
Who wrote this nice Kirby-like music?

One of the composers who worked on the project. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a public portfolio I can link to.

Jon

• View Profile
    • Stencyl
« Reply #6 on: Wed, Aug 18, 2010 »
gameplay is solid and fun. but I fell lack of abilities.

Level B after several deaths  ::)

So this happens after a death? Could you hit ` to see if there's an error in the console?

zyxstand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Fri, Aug 20, 2010 »
I got similar error at the underground cave area after a death (i think the third level). i believe it was my fourth death, not sure. I do remember pressing Z before the level had loaded, which I believe may have caused this. if i press left or right i start rotating in the top left corner but can't do anything.
also, can you implement some kind of virtual wall so that you can't just fall off the side of the screen when level edge reached?
neat game otherwise. I'm not liking the music repeating after a death. perhaps you could make the music quiet as you die, and when the game restarts again (at the beginning of the level) the music gets back loud again. otherwise, if you're stuck somewhere and have to redo a section a lot, it gets very annoying