Author Topic: WIP Lufies Adventure  (Read 1588 times)

Automatic

WIP Lufies Adventure
« on: Tue, Jul 20, 2010 »
Hey, currently working on a game, and looking for critiques along the way, be it graphical, gameplay-wise, or auditory.

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1279660310

zyxstand

• View Profile
Re: WIP Lufies Adventure
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Jul 21, 2010 »
Hey, this is my first post :D
haven't started flixeling myself quite yet, but i've played enough flixel games and programmed games previously to know enough about it...

your game looks neat.  it looks like u have the basics down and i won't call you out on the current problems (ie, going off map) as you're not really that far in it yet.
my advice: every game needs something unique to attract players.  i'd prefer a unique gameplay/game idea, but that's typically hard to do well.  good storyline and graphics and minor gameplay deviation from the norm would suffice!

good luck

Rybar

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Fri, Jul 23, 2010 »
It's a good start, I like the player sprite! One thing that bothered me though; the background parallax. The furthest layer away should move the least, next one a bit more, etc. with the tilemap you're jumping on matching the movement of the player. Currently it moves rapidly opposite the direction of the player, which is incorrect unless its something closer than the playing plane. You should be using scrollfactor values of less than 1 for the background layers; right now it appears they're greater than 1.

zyxstand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Fri, Jul 23, 2010 »
yeah haha i didn't figure out exactly what was wrong with the background but i noticed that something was off.  also, maybe give the background some vertical parallaxing as well (not that it's 100% necessary).
what are your current next-step goals?
i like that there's already some audio. whenever i develop games, i do the audio at the end - that leaves the prototypes kinda ugly to people testing it.

zez

• View Profile
    • Devlog
« Reply #4 on: Wed, Jul 28, 2010 »
My biggest issue with it is that the grass on the background wall stuffs has the same priority as the foreground, so I wanted to jump on it.

Loupax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sun, Aug 15, 2010 »
Cute little game! One piece of advice, 3 keys are too many I think... You can make the floating work by jumping in midair, it will feel right AND make the controls simpler!
As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.
--Vaarzuvius
My blog!

Jon

• View Profile
    • Stencyl
« Reply #6 on: Mon, Aug 16, 2010 »
This is pretty neat and reminiscent of the stuff that people have been creating with our toolset.

I notice that you too are running into some jittering problems while walking, which also affect us in some cases. Do you notice how he tends to lock back and forth by 1 pixel when he moves around or flies up and down?