Author Topic: V1.25 - Max source image size  (Read 1754 times)

Titch

• Contributor
  • Thing with the guy in the place.
    • View Profile
V1.25 - Max source image size
« on: Wed, Aug 5, 2009 »
When I made my tilemap image more than 8192 pixels it just quit drawing to the screen. I have a feeling it's a limitation of flash. It would be nice that if it is there is some kind of code in the flixel core that throws an a error to warn you why your tilemap isn't being drawn.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the 8000 pixel thing is a flash limitation with bitmapData objects. It's worth the fair warning though, to anyone else doing projects with big tilesets, either set up with code that allows you to use full sheets instead of strips (you can go up to something around 2100x8192 like that) or split tilemaps between layers so you don't need a map containing ALL the data.
Free cake whippings every day at #flixel on irc.freenode.net.

Adam Atomic

• Founder
  • Key Contributor
  • new dad
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic
Re: V1.25 - Max source image size
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Aug 5, 2009 »
Yea this came up in the emmmm sprite sheets stuff as well, I'm not 100% sure of the best approach still, but it *should* be possible to convert tilemaps, blocks and sprites to have sheets (instead of just strips) as an option...my only concern is cluttering up their basic, strip-oriented use, but I'm not too worried about it!