Author Topic: Abductroids - Defend the Hunams! [Released]  (Read 1342 times)

th15

• View Profile
Abductroids - Defend the Hunams! [Released]
« on: Wed, Sep 1, 2010 »
Abductroids

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3

PLAY HERE

A flashy, fast and fun shooter game. Chain enemies together for great big explosions! You are Nanz. The Hunams! They need defending!

Arrow Keys - Movement
[D] Key - Shoot Left
[F] Key - Shoo Right

Abductroids is an addictive shooter game that is designed to get players hooked on a simple chaining system where each enemy you destroy creates more bullets that will destroy other enemies. Players can build long chains of enemy explosions by lining them up correctly before shooting.

Movement is fast and fluid and players have the freedom of firing in either direction at any time. This intuitive control scheme ensures that players will be able to pick up and enjoy the game quickly.

The game features 5 levels including an introductory tutorial and a final boss enemy. These levels were designed in order to ease the player into the game while keeping them engaged at the same time.

There is also an infinitely replayable Survival Mode which will keep players coming back for more!

On top of that, the game features a persistent upgrade system where players earn upgrade points from completing levels and hi-scores in survival. These points can be used to purchase upgrades for the player's weapons, extra lives, speed and other utilities.

Love to hear and feedback you guys have about the game. This is my first flash (and my first flixel) project.
« Last Edit: Sat, Sep 4, 2010 by th15 »

Alex

• View Profile
    • Levelism
Re: Abductroids - Defend the Hunams! [Released]
« Reply #1 on: Fri, Sep 3, 2010 »
I think you forgot the link to the game.
Level designer/Programmer
portfolio/blog http://www.levelism.com

th15

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sat, Sep 4, 2010 »
****. I am officially an idiot. Added the link :)

Rybar

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sat, Sep 4, 2010 »
I love the polished retro graphics, and the defender-inspired gameplay is awesome: Familiar enough to be nostalgic but different enough to keep me interested for longer than 30 seconds. Here are my crits:

If I get hit while carrying a human, I lose a life but the human doesn't fall. IMO if I die, the human I'm carrying should die too.

The flixel console is still on, and constantly logging about particles. This doesn't appear to be affecting performance at all, but should probably be turned off for a finished release nonetheless, or at least make sure all your FlxG.log calls are gone.

IMO, the score should be cumulative between levels and not ask you to submit your hiscore between every level, or at least allow you to press a key to continue and not have to reach for the mouse to continue playing. upgrades should have the option of being navigated and purchased by keyboard as well.

The music loop is overly simple and too short;  after playing for more than a few minutes, very irritating IMO. Thankfully there is a switch to turn it off.

besides the music, I think its awesome. The debris/combo mechanic makes this one unique in a sea of retro shooters.