Author Topic: DAME - a new map editor made using flixel!  (Read 202710 times)

megablast2

• View Profile
Re: DAME - a new map editor made using flixel!
« Reply #760 on: Sat, Nov 3, 2012 »
Hello :),

How can  I rip an image to create a tilemap layer and tileset and then sort the tiles's tileset  into a correct place?

xyroclast

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: Wed, Nov 7, 2012 »
Very minor bug, but choosing "Check for updates" currently provides no response (not sure if it successfully does the check or not, but there's no notification)

XanderXevious

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Alien Microbots
« Reply #762 on: Wed, Nov 14, 2012 »
My tile panel isīnt showing up.. WTF? Was working great a few days ago..
Most likely something got screwed up in your settings file. It's an xml located... somewhere... on windows 7 for me it's here: C:\Users\Charlie\AppData\Roaming\DAME.dambots\Local Store\settings.xml
Rename it and then open DAME. If it fixes it, then close DAME and restore the original file. Maybe have a look at the xml. Probably just removing the contents between the two <layout> tags might help.

Hello :),

How can  I rip an image to create a tilemap layer and tileset and then sort the tiles's tileset  into a correct place?
With a layer group selected right click on the menu and select Add->Rip Tilemap... In fact, if you click on the main menu and select "Help Contents" and then select "Ripping Tilemaps" there's a small section on it there.

Very minor bug, but choosing "Check for updates" currently provides no response (not sure if it successfully does the check or not, but there's no notification)
There haven't been any updates since... a long time. I've been extremely busy and still hoping somebody else can take up the mantle from me and work on DAME from now on, plus there haven't been any bugs reported in... a long time. I could add an update to provide a response if you click "Check for updates" and there aren't any updates but you'll only know when the update is there once it's there... but my mind is kind of folding in on itself just thinking of what I just wrote.

xyroclast

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: Wed, Nov 21, 2012 »
There haven't been any updates since... a long time. I've been extremely busy and still hoping somebody else can take up the mantle from me and work on DAME from now on, plus there haven't been any bugs reported in... a long time. I could add an update to provide a response if you click "Check for updates" and there aren't any updates but you'll only know when the update is there once it's there... but my mind is kind of folding in on itself just thinking of what I just wrote.

Haha, I can see the Catch-22 there. No worries!

Rock Forever

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: Thu, Nov 22, 2012 »

do you trust me now? edited: tried in friends pc and nothing... maybe its a browser specific bug or something, can you check that?
because in google chrome works fine, dunno on safari or mozilla or i dont know. I use IE 9, i already have the program (BTW its awesome :D ) but check it anyways :)
« Last Edit: Fri, Nov 23, 2012 by Rock Forever »

Gama11

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: Sat, Nov 24, 2012 »
Why the hell would you use IE (and call it "awesome" D:) when knowing about good browsers like Chrome? :P I just tried, and I'm having the same issue in IE8, so I guess it is a browser-specific thing.

Rock Forever

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: Sat, Nov 24, 2012 »
NONONONONO i mean, DAME is awesome :D

pkiller162

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: Sun, Nov 25, 2012 »
Hi

Im having issues with the rotate function.
I create a new group and put a map layer within that group.
I then set up my tilesheet within theat map layer.
I can place tiles fine but cannot scale or rotate them; just move them.
Any ideas?

XanderXevious

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Alien Microbots
« Reply #768 on: Sat, Dec 8, 2012 »
do you trust me now? edited: tried in friends pc and nothing... maybe its a browser specific bug or something, can you check that?
because in google chrome works fine, dunno on safari or mozilla or i dont know. I use IE 9, i already have the program (BTW its awesome :D ) but check it anyways :)
It should be fixed in IE now. Turns out I just had to move my swf embed script to the end of the html.

Hi

Im having issues with the rotate function.
I create a new group and put a map layer within that group.
I then set up my tilesheet within theat map layer.
I can place tiles fine but cannot scale or rotate them; just move them.
Any ideas?
Tiles in tilemaps cannot be rotated or scaled. A tilemap is for fixed tiles.
If you want to rotate or scale things you need sprites. DAME allows you to add sprites or spritesheets.

Also, I've just updated DAME, mainly with map layer templating, options to prevent frame selection in sprites, and to restrict rotation of sprites, as well as allowing more restrictions in how end users can work with DAME maps.

KraHen

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: Sat, Jan 5, 2013 »
This is my first post ever on this forum, but I really need to speak up now. THANK YOU!

I`m using a Flixel/Box2D/NME/HaXE combination (all of these for the first time) and with the simple XML exporter of yours I have been able to create a physics-enabled, tilemap-based world in like 2 hours. I really really appreciate the work you have put in this software, with this I`ll be able to create my game in no time!

XanderXevious

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Deadly Alien Microbots
« Reply #770 on: Wed, Jan 9, 2013 »
Glad to see you're making good use out of DAME KraHen :)

Also, I've uploaded a new version. Now at 3.1.1

zoorroo4

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: Mon, Feb 25, 2013 »
Iīm trying to make a custom exporter.

How do i get paths that is attached to sprites?
I can check if a path has an attached sprite. But i cant get a hold of that sprite to check the class name and properties of it. How do i do that?
« Last Edit: Tue, Feb 26, 2013 by zoorroo4 »

Mystic

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: Mon, Apr 29, 2013 »
Hello!

Glad to join your wonderful community! Please excuse my English, I hope we can manage to understand each other :)

I'm using this great DAME editor. When I'm trying to use the game level that I made with DAME in my game project, the compiler refuses to build my project at the folloving code line in the mylevel.as generated by DAME:

Code: [Select]
mainLayer = layerBasicLayer;
Error: Access of undefined property layerBasicLayer.

I hope someone here can help me to solve this terrible problem with my project :)

P.S.: Flixel is beautiful

c023-DeV

• Game Artisan
    • View Profile
    • DeV-ZoO
« Reply #773 on: Mon, Jul 8, 2013 »
Heya,

first of all DAME ROX ... still, been working the hell out of it, great tool, you get my full recommendation! =)

I have one problem with the complex exporter, it seems to ignore different scroll values for sprite layers. When I have background maps that should only scroll like: y:1 and x:0.9 the result in the final .as is 0.9 on both axis =(

It works with tilemaps, its just the sprite layers that do this, and my project is getting too big to change them manually, any fix for this?

Thanks!
If you aint got no dedication, you won't get no education!

Titch

• Contributor
  • Thing with the guy in the place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: Tue, Jul 30, 2013 »
So for the past few days I was struggling to get DAME to work with Axel, due to tile indexing issues; since Axel doesn't include the 0 indexed transparent tile so all the tile ids for the numbered tile where off by 1.

It turns out all I had to do to make it work is go into AxTilemap and comment out one line at 219.
//tid -= 1;

Boom. Now it's working.
Free cake whippings every day at #flixel on irc.freenode.net.

Arkeus

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • I, Arkeus
« Reply #775 on: Tue, Jul 30, 2013 »
So for the past few days I was struggling to get DAME to work with Axel, due to tile indexing issues; since Axel doesn't include the 0 indexed transparent tile so all the tile ids for the numbered tile where off by 1.

It turns out all I had to do to make it work is go into AxTilemap and comment out one line at 219.
//tid -= 1;

Boom. Now it's working.

I've been meaning to make that configurable, to make it more compatible with tools like DAME...

GeoKureli

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: Fri, Oct 11, 2013 »
Hey Xander, I've been using DAME for a while now, and its the greatest editor I've seen out there. I just forked your git repo because I noticed some bugs I'd like to fix, and I'd really like to make some features that are specific to the games I'm working on. However I can't seem to run the project. I'm getting 10 of these errors:
C:\Users\Yeehaw McKickass\Documents\Flash Develop\DAME\DAME\src\com\UI\SpritesTab.mxml(407): Error: The style 'borderSides' is only supported by type 'com.UI.MyTree' with the theme(s) 'halo'.
and one of these:
C:\Users\Yeehaw McKickass\Documents\Flash Develop\DAME\DAME\src\com\UI\PopupWindow.mxml(4): Error: Invalid value:  right.  It must be one of left, center, auto.
Any idea why I'm having this issue. I'm using whatever the latest FD version is and I haven't touched the project properties from the values set in your git.