Author Topic: Flixel on iOS (haXe port)  (Read 13414 times)

3WG

• View Profile
    • Jeux.MU
Re: Flixel on iOS (haXe port)
« Reply #20 on: Tue, Nov 2, 2010 »
thanks richard
Flash games are FUN !
Jeux.MU

3WG

• View Profile
    • Jeux.MU
« Reply #21 on: Tue, Nov 2, 2010 »
Some feedback After some intensive test

On ipad at zoom factor 1 only 25 fps
On ipad no way to make SWF with 768 x 1024 but 768 x 1023 works :-)
FlxG.fade not working

« Last Edit: Tue, Nov 2, 2010 by 3WG »
Flash games are FUN !
Jeux.MU

nodlag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #22 on: Wed, Nov 3, 2010 »
Once I have my project preparation:
- Where I have to put Flixel files to compile and view them in the emulator?

I Would appreciate a tutorial.

Thanks.

3WG

• View Profile
    • Jeux.MU
« Reply #23 on: Wed, Nov 3, 2010 »
Put your .HX files in the Haxe directory

.hx are juste AS3 with .hx extension

I don't know if you can just drop your AS3 with AS extension

Beware bitmap class as to be initialized in a different way check Haxe FlxInvarders for exemple.
Flash games are FUN !
Jeux.MU

nodlag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #24 on: Wed, Nov 3, 2010 »
Ok, now it compiles. I can show the emulator, starts and crash the app (in the simulator. Dont works the app).

Can someone share your xCode project?

Thanks
« Last Edit: Wed, Nov 3, 2010 by nodlag »

p0wn

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Mon, Nov 8, 2010 »
Hi, Iím trying to get this to compile, but am getting this error every time when I am doing -D iphone:
C:\Program Files\Motion-Twin\haxe\lib\nme/2,0,1/nme/Loader.hx:14: characters 4-10 : Not implemented for current platform

When I do -D cpp I get this error:
C:\Program Files\Motion-Twin\haxe\lib\nme/2,0,1/nme/Loader.hx:10: characters 13-
25 : You canít access the cpp package with current compilation flags (for cpp.Li
b)
C:\Program Files\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/haxe/Int32.hx:28: characters 0-13 : You ca
nít access the cpp package with current compilation flags (for cpp.CppInt32__)
C:\Program Files\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/haxe/io/Input.hx:259: characters 30-42 : Y
ou canít access the cpp package with current compilation flags (for cpp.Lib)
C:\Program Files\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/haxe/io/Input.hx:141: lines 141-153 : Floa
t should be Void
C:\Program Files\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/haxe/io/Input.hx:260: characters 31-43 : Y
ou canít access the cpp package with current compilation flags (for cpp.Lib)
C:\Program Files\Motion-Twin\haxe/std/haxe/io/Input.hx:155: lines 155-167 : Floa
t should be Void

My hxml file looks like this:
-main Main
-cp src
-lib nme
-D cpp
Ėremap flash:nme

Can anyone familiar with this help? Thanks

Richard Kain

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Mon, Nov 8, 2010 »
Well, I think I know why your attempt to compile for iPhone isn't working. If I'm not mistaken, you are attempting to compile this on a Windows machine. I'm not sure its possible to compile the iPhone version on a Windows machine. It might be possible to do this if you are just compiling the C++ code, but it definitely won't be possible to run it. Also, you will almost certainly have to download the iPhone SDK in order to get the libraries you need to compile the iPhone version.

As to why your standard C++ version isn't working, I'll have to check up on that. I'm thinking you are missing some essential calls in your .hxml file.

domrein

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 »
There are still several issues with the port.  There are several things that aren't working properly or just aren't implemented yet.  Please report them as an issue on the project page.  I'm working through these issues, but if you can submit patches for fixes that would be even better :).

I wonder why there is such a discrepancy in the fps we're seeing on FlxInvaders.  Maybe the FPS counter I'm using isn't good.  Either way, I uploaded a port of Mode as well, so I think I'll be testing against that for iPhone in the future because it's a lot better example of a real game.  Anyways, there is at least one large optimization I'll be working on soon for the project.

Please visit the project github page and contribute if you can.  https://github.com/domrein/Flixel-Haxe

vieko

• View Profile
    • LeGrudge & Rugged
« Reply #28 on: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 »
Hey Dom,

Thanks for the update. Yours is a very promising project! I think it would help immensely (and attract contributors) if you were to post a project template or tutorial on how to setup the environment (Xcode). If you decide to do so, I can definitively commit to testing/contributing :)

Thanks again / Good luck!

3WG

• View Profile
    • Jeux.MU
« Reply #29 on: Wed, Nov 10, 2010 »
Hi,

Due to a lot of work i doesn't make more test ..

But i have time this week for testing, i be very glad to give some help on FlxHaxe..

Don't esitate if i can make some tests.

I'm not the king of coders, but ....
Flash games are FUN !
Jeux.MU

Richard Kain

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thu, Nov 11, 2010 »
Sorry, I've been busy porting my own flash drawing classes over to HaXe. (and learning how HaXe works in general) So I haven't tested HaXe Flixel very much. I will see what I can do soon.

The truth is, the list of features I would want for Flixel HaXe is probably shorter than what some people might be interested in. I'm not all that concerned about collision detection. As long as the scrolling, animation, and timing all works properly, I'll be good to go. The fact of the matter is that some games that would normally be made using Flixel wouldn't work well on the iPhone's interface. I would never use Flixel HaXe to make a platformer for the iPhone. Platformers always work better with buttons.

I am much more interested in using Flixel HaXe for some one-screen games, puzzle games, interactive fiction games, adventure games, and machinima.
« Last Edit: Thu, Nov 11, 2010 by Richard Kain »

axcho

• View Profile
    • Evolution Live!
« Reply #31 on: Fri, Nov 12, 2010 »
I'm really glad to see this haXe port of Flixel coming into existence. Thank you.

This may be a great incentive for me to actually learn haXe - I think I might like it better than AS3... Should be great for physics engine code, with its inlining and speed and all that. ;)

Haxel <3 ;D