Author Topic: AS3 to Iphone, Android, Symbian with one source to native code ? ! Elips Studio  (Read 3878 times)

3WG

• View Profile
    • Jeux.MU
Hi Flixelers,

I just discovered Elips Studio from Open Plug that promise One AS3 code to X plateforms

I'm trying this yet

What did you think about it http://developer.openplug.com/
Flash games are FUN !
Jeux.MU

Wing Eraser

Watching the slide on this site: http://www.slideshare.net/gensuque/create-crossplatform-native-mobile-apps-in-flex-with-elips-studio

Because it's native, the performance is 6x time faster than Adobe Air.
We'll see about that when some of us have test it.

3WG

• View Profile
    • Jeux.MU
Flash games are FUN !
Jeux.MU

Wing Eraser

I tested it and didn't got any flixel game running. The reasons:
- Elips use the old Flex SDK 2 (That's f*cking old!)
- A lot of Flex 3/4 components don't work with Flex 2.
- There is no sound support, you must develop on the native side to support sound.
- No support for other IDE's except Flash Builder/Flex Builder.

Meh, deleting a lot of not usable flex 3 components, only new errors keeps appearing even if the Problem panel doesn't show anything. I gave up, there was no reason to continue.

Elips, to good to be true.

Flash Builder really s*cks! Go for FDT or FlashDevelop.

3WG

• View Profile
    • Jeux.MU
After in depths testing same conclusion for me...

It could be good for realy simple office app, but not for game.

Elips isnt hardaware accelerated.

And theres is no sound support ...

Bye bye elips
Flash games are FUN !
Jeux.MU

kubosso

• View Profile
It looks that guys form OpenPlug made some improvements with thier tool. What about current version of OpenPlug? It uses Flex 3 and has sound support. Will it be possible to use it with Flixel?

felipe

• games!
    • View Profile
    • i love pixel
I've recently tested this with a small framework I'm building and it has real problems handling bitmaps, and some times the code works fine on one device and in others it crashes or it doesn't even load.

It would be awesome if flixel could run with open plug, but a lot of it would have to be changed.

I am using mi framework as reference to build one from scratch to run on openplug, I just hope it works.

Richard Kain

• View Profile
I think it might be time to try porting Flixel to HaXe again. They just released the latest version of NME, and it includes a lot of features that I felt were necessary for proper Flixel integration.

I've spent the past few months working on a HaXe framework in my free time, and I've managed to implement some of the more basic features of Flixel just fine in HaXe. And I can confirm that the C++ exporter for it works just fine for Windows, Linux, Mac, and the iOS simulator.