Poll

Whould you be interested in a Iphone port of Flixel?

Yes - C++
13 (65%)
Yes - Objective C
6 (30%)
No
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Flixel Iphone  (Read 60616 times)

snisnik

• View Profile
Re: Flixel Iphone
« Reply #180 on: Sun, Aug 1, 2010 »
Sure, we don't have a website for the engine right now since it is not an open project (it will be soon), but we have the domain redboxengine.com registered and the website is almost ready.

In the meantime, we have the website (www.illogicalstudios.com) and twitter @isgames for our little studio. (We will post update on them as soon there is something to say)

We have a little game that serve as a demo for the engine on the apple store (Street Madness). It is not so shiny right now cause we rushed it for E3... fortunately an update is coming soon with a lot of new features that will make the game worth the buck it cost!!! (Well, I hope :-P)

I don't understand very well... in wich language you will code?? and it will work for iphones??

Harrowing

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: Mon, Aug 2, 2010 »
Awesome news twistetjoe... this will make lots of people happy...

keep us updated please

thank you!

festival

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: Wed, Aug 4, 2010 »
Awesome news twistetjoe... this will make lots of people happy...

keep us updated please

thank you!

it's not flixel....it seems to be somethink different.

still waiting for official flixel obj-c port from Adam

jeremy84olsen

« Reply #183 on: Wed, Aug 4, 2010 »
Thats really a good plan! U go further. I would like to see this in C++ or Objective C. Can u please forward it to me.

snisnik

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: Sat, Aug 7, 2010 »
When iFlixles is release, it will be possible to make a game with flixel on windows and compile and port it to work on the iphone and make the App Store accept it??

prettymuchbryce

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: Thu, Aug 12, 2010 »
When iFlixles is release, it will be possible to make a game with flixel on windows and compile and port it to work on the iphone and make the App Store accept it??

My guess is that it will be a little more involved than just pointing to your existing as3 project.

You will have to actually recode the game in C. The bright side is, if Adam structures the flixel port similarly then it will be a lot easier than doing everything from scratch.

I am really looking forward to what happens with this. I would even be willing to pay for a license of a flixel port to objective C or C++, as I'm sure many others would too. Exciting stuff!  ;D

jptsetung

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: Mon, Aug 16, 2010 »
I didn't read the whole topic, but wanted to say that I'm also really excited about this Fixel iPhone version+wrapper! That would simply huge.

Defcon6

« Reply #187 on: Mon, Aug 23, 2010 »
Can Adam or anybody else give a status update regarding the release of an objective-C or C++ iPhone port?

I am very interested in seeing the engine on the iPhone and an AS -> iPhone converter is not a priority to me.

Flixel rocks and thanks!
« Last Edit: Mon, Aug 23, 2010 by Defcon6 »

kobeli159

• View Profile
    • http://www.bootsday.com
« Reply #188 on: Mon, Sep 13, 2010 »
Your idea coincides with mine.and I think it's better.

vieko

• View Profile
    • LeGrudge & Rugged
« Reply #189 on: Sun, Sep 26, 2010 »
Now that Apple is playing ball with Adobe, has anyone tried exporting a Flixel powered project from FlashCS5 to the iPhone? Cheers!

Kronoshifter

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: Wed, Sep 29, 2010 »
I think some parts of flixel would have to be rewritten for Adobe's iPhone Compiler, but that would probably just be touch events instead of mouse events.

karasu99

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: Mon, Oct 4, 2010 »
Now that Apple is playing ball with Adobe, has anyone tried exporting a Flixel powered project from FlashCS5 to the iPhone? Cheers!

I actually just came by looking for something on this very subject.

I've been playing around this morning with putting a Flixel project on iPhone via the Flash IDE and I've found that things are... well, they're honestly unacceptably slow. This is something I've found before in general with publishing Flash to iPhone-- the simplest game with relatively few moving parts just draaaags. My guess is that there is a memory leak somewhere? I don't know, because otherwise Flixel is so leak free.

Anyone else been messing with this? I can't be the only person who has tried.

vieko

• View Profile
    • LeGrudge & Rugged
« Reply #192 on: Mon, Oct 4, 2010 »
I'm planning to test this out later this week. I'll keep you all posted on my findings :)

werem

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: Tue, Oct 5, 2010 »

I try compile "mode" and "works", but at something like 2 frames/sencond. I'm trying to develop games on iphone and it's a pain. I'm really hope that the flixel port of this lib come soon.

Regards.

nodlag

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #194 on: Thu, Oct 14, 2010 »
What is the current state of development of Flixel Iphone?

Richard Kain

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: Sun, Oct 24, 2010 »
As far as I know, no one is presently working on a native iPhone port. However, elsewhere on the boards there is active development of a HaXe version of Flixel, and the C++ export option for it is allowing projects to be built for the iPhone. (with a reasonable framerate) At the present time, that seems to be the most promising avenue for getting flash and Flixel projects in particular compiled for the iPhone.

DelishusCake

• délicieux gâteau
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: Thu, Nov 4, 2010 »
Has anyone tried it using swf loading and cs5's native iPhone support? That seems like it might work.

werem

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: Tue, Nov 16, 2010 »
I try, it's slow like hell. See more details in my posts in this same thread.

initials

• Contributor
  • Initials
    • View Profile
    • Initials Blog. Code and other things.
« Reply #198 on: Sun, Dec 19, 2010 »
Is Flixel for iPhone going to be released any time soon?
Cocos2d is pretty good, but the learning curve is super steep.
Initials: Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Above The Clouds, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart

dougnukem

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: Thu, Jan 20, 2011 »
Canabalt has been opensourced including a port of the Flixel engine to iOS (iphone/ipad/ipod).

Semi-secret Software Announcement: http://blog.semisecretsoftware.com/nearly-25000-raised-for-charity-canabalt-goes
source code on github: https://github.com/ericjohnson/canabalt-ios