Author Topic: FlxiOSInvaders : FlxInvaders for iPhone source code  (Read 1941 times)

initials

• Contributor
  • Initials
    • View Profile
    • Initials Blog. Code and other things.
Yep, I ported it.

https://github.com/initials/FlxiOSInvaders

It's not a perfect port, there are things missing in Flixel iOS that the Flash version has. So I've coded around it.

Not bad for a nights work.
Initials: Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Above The Clouds, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart

IQpierce

• Gamewright
    • View Profile
    • Deep Plaid Games
Re: FlxiOSInvaders : FlxInvaders for iPhone source code
« Reply #1 on: Mon, Mar 21, 2011 »
Nice! Would be great to see a video of it in action. :)
I'm just one guy trying to make some interesting decisions!

initials

• Contributor
  • Initials
    • View Profile
Re: FlxiOSInvaders : FlxInvaders for iPhone source code
« Reply #2 on: Mon, Mar 21, 2011 »
I'll do that tonight!

I would do it right now but my iPhone is the only video camera I have with me at the moment.

There's one part missing. It seems you can't do the color tinting on iOS. So currently all the aliens are white.

I'm going to "code around" this by just making 5 different sprites, and adding them rather than tinting a white one. Sure, in a big game this would be a pain, but FlxInvaders is tiny, so 5 times the amount of sprites won't be a big deal.
Initials: Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Above The Clouds, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart

initials

• Contributor
  • Initials
    • View Profile