Author Topic: Roadmap for flixel iOS  (Read 3788 times)

pnutus

• View Profile
Roadmap for flixel iOS
« on: Wed, Apr 6, 2011 »
Is there a roadmap/plan for flixel iOS?

The github page hasn't been updated since last year and now Adam is hard at work with flixel 2.5.

Are there any plans to involve the community and merge forks into the main repo or something like that? I'm sure people would be happy to help; I would!
« Last Edit: Wed, Apr 6, 2011 by pnutus »

initials

• Contributor
  • Initials
    • View Profile
    • Initials Blog. Code and other things.
Re: Roadmap for flixel iOS
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Apr 6, 2011 »
One thing I would love to see is collisions of FlxGroups.

Currently I don't  believe you can call overlap on two groups. You can however do a nested for loop cycling through members of each group. This is pretty slow. In fact, in my port of FlxInvaders, doing this method to the shield blocks and the bullets slows the frame rate considerably.

Other things that would help, or maybe are total wishlist:
  • Xcode 4 template for the Hello World project. Xcode 4 has a completely new way of defining a template.
  • Box2D integration. I've tried to do this but I don't know enough about C++, C, ObjC to achieve Flixel + Box2D.
  • Add FlxTileMap. I'd love to see Mode on iOS (and not an Air conversion)
Initials: Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Above The Clouds, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart

Lynchpin

• Dude, what?
    • View Profile
    • DevBlog
« Reply #2 on: Wed, Apr 6, 2011 »
Does the iOS port support all the blend modes? If so, I think I better pick up a book on Objective-C.

initials

• Contributor
  • Initials
    • View Profile
    • Initials Blog. Code and other things.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, Apr 6, 2011 »
I tried setting a sprite to screen last night and it didn't seem to do much.
There are parts of FlixeliOS code that look like they are dealing with this, but I can't be sure they work properly yet.
Initials: Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Above The Clouds, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart

axcho

• View Profile
    • Evolution Live!
« Reply #4 on: Fri, Apr 8, 2011 »
The iOS port does not support blend modes. There's code for screen, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

I've figured out how to make Xcode 4 templates, so I can handle that once we get there.

I'll be happy to deal with Box2D integration as well. I've been working on Box2D integration with cocos2d for iPhone already, so it shouldn't be too hard.

If any of you want to tackle FlxTileMap, that would help me a lot, since I have a lot of stuff on my list to get to before then...

Update:
I forgot to mention that I've renamed the methods and fixed the retina and iPad display issues, but have yet to share my code since so much else is currently missing. If you're working on your own version and want my code just send me a PM with your email address and I'll email it to you.
« Last Edit: Fri, Apr 8, 2011 by axcho »

axcho

• View Profile
    • Evolution Live!
« Reply #5 on: Fri, Apr 8, 2011 »
By the way...

i would NOT recommend developing in 2.50 if you are using the current release of flixel iOS.  as of right now we do not expect to release an ObjC version of 2.50+

pnutus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Fri, Apr 8, 2011 »
Yeah, I saw that. Guess it answers my question...   :(