Author Topic: v2.50 beta thread!  (Read 31136 times)

Dynamite_Studios

• View Profile
Re: v2.50 beta thread!
« Reply #120 on: Tue, May 3, 2011 »
(Reposted from my accidental post on the other thread...)

I seem to have a problem...

I am porting my (unfinished) game from flixel 2.35 to flixel 2.50, and I'm getting an error in FlxG.collide();. I call it in two places:
FlxG.collide((level as FlxObject),player);/////Collisions
FlxG.collide((level as FlxObject),_bullets);/////////End of Collisions

I'm getting a few errors referring to lines 906-918 of FlxG (v2.50). They are:
line 912: error 1119
lines 914, 915, 916: error 1061

It mentions that there are possibly undefined methods in FlxQuadTree  :o

I don't know how to solve it, and I know it might sound newbish, but I have no idea what is going on... i'm not shure if this is me or the original code, since it was released just hours ago, but I'm a bit worried  :-\ .

Thanks in advance!
Hey! Have you tried my first game! It's not made on flixel, but you still may try it out at www.kongregate.com/games/Dynamite_Studios/triformus/!

axcho

• View Profile
    • Evolution Live!
« Reply #121 on: Thu, May 5, 2011 »
Reported a bug with the latest Flixel here:
https://github.com/AdamAtomic/flixel/issues/144

It's a quick fix, but significant because without it FlxTimer doesn't do anything...

hanuman

• View Profile
    • Physics Games
« Reply #122 on: Thu, May 12, 2011 »
Hey guys,

Sorry to ask such a dumb question but where is in 2.5 Sprite instance I can addChild vector stuff. Being stuck on this - only option I found FlxG.flashGfxSprite - but when I added to it, stuff didn't apeear on screen...

photonstorm

• Administrator
  • Key Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Photon Storm
« Reply #123 on: Thu, May 12, 2011 »
You can't (*), flixel is designed for bitmap games.

* without a lot of messing around, and then the vector objects won't work as normal sprites etc
http://www.photonstorm.com

"Tell me and I will forget, show me and I might remember, involve me and I will understand" - Confucius

hanuman

• View Profile
    • Physics Games
« Reply #124 on: Thu, May 12, 2011 »
You can't (*), flixel is designed for bitmap games.

* without a lot of messing around, and then the vector objects won't work as normal sprites etc

Hey photonstorm,

Thanx for reply. I don't want to use vector in game just UI made within Flash IDE. On 2.43 FlxState was built on top of flash Sprite class so I could just addChild from it but now Adam(thank You for such an awesome framewok) refactored it and I don't know what to do...:)

goshki

• View Profile
    • Vigeo Games
« Reply #125 on: Thu, May 12, 2011 »
I don't want to use vector in game just UI made within Flash IDE. On 2.43 FlxState was built on top of flash Sprite class so I could just addChild from it but now Adam(thank You for such an awesome framewok) refactored it and I don't know what to do...:)

You can access stage by FlxG.stage and add DisplayObject children to it (mind the child ordering).

photonstorm

• Administrator
  • Key Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Photon Storm
« Reply #126 on: Thu, May 12, 2011 »
In 2.5 it still works in the same way, except every camera is a Sprite on the display list. I'd really like for all cameras (and the mouse) to be contained in one single display list object, as it would make several things easier re: sponsor APIs. But until then you'll have to hack around it. You could expose the camera parent Sprite by modifying the codebase a little, just be aware of index order.
http://www.photonstorm.com

"Tell me and I will forget, show me and I might remember, involve me and I will understand" - Confucius

hanuman

• View Profile
    • Physics Games
« Reply #127 on: Sun, May 15, 2011 »
photonstorm, goshki

Thanx a lot for help guys... :D

werem

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Thu, May 26, 2011 »
Is hard to use the FlxGroup.sort method in a group with groups. Even if you overload the sortHandler method so the group does not generates an error because does not have the "y" property, you can't be sure that the sprites sort correctly, because they are sorted inside the groups.

mightiest_hero

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Thu, Jun 2, 2011 »
Is hard to use the FlxGroup.sort method in a group with groups. Even if you overload the sortHandler method so the group does not generates an error because does not have the "y" property, you can't be sure that the sprites sort correctly, because they are sorted inside the groups.

You can trick that. When add a group to a group don't use add(group) but looping add(group.member)

Alex

• View Profile
    • Levelism
« Reply #130 on: Wed, Sep 28, 2011 »
(Reposted from my accidental post on the other thread...)

I seem to have a problem...

I am porting my (unfinished) game from flixel 2.35 to flixel 2.50, and I'm getting an error in FlxG.collide();. I call it in two places:
FlxG.collide((level as FlxObject),player);/////Collisions
FlxG.collide((level as FlxObject),_bullets);/////////End of Collisions

I'm getting a few errors referring to lines 906-918 of FlxG (v2.50). They are:
line 912: error 1119
lines 914, 915, 916: error 1061

It mentions that there are possibly undefined methods in FlxQuadTree  :o

I don't know how to solve it, and I know it might sound newbish, but I have no idea what is going on... i'm not shure if this is me or the original code, since it was released just hours ago, but I'm a bit worried  :-\ .

Thanks in advance!

I had this problem and then realized I had flixel defined in a global and a local classpath. There were conflicts causing the missing method issue.
« Last Edit: Thu, Sep 29, 2011 by Alex »
Level designer/Programmer
portfolio/blog http://www.levelism.com