Author Topic: v2.50 released!  (Read 3122 times)

Adam Atomic

• Founder
  • Key Contributor
  • new dad
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic
v2.50 released!
« on: Wed, Apr 27, 2011 »
A few minutes ago (much to the chagrin of everyone on earth following the flixel twitter account) I pushed all the development changes from the last month or so over to the master branch on github.  We've been testing this release for almost two weeks now, and we've gotten a LOT of the kinks out, and I'm really happy with it.  If you want to find out more about the release, you should totally check out the brand new web page:

http://flixel.org/

Isn't it pretty??  There are a few sections that still need some work but I think this will be a much better resource than the old one.  One of the coolest things we have now is a vastly improved method for submitting your games to a central archive:

http://games.flixel.org/

So, first off, my apologies to everyone who sent a thumbnail to my email over the course of the last year or so and then never got to see their game added to the old archive.  Second, I humbly and earnestly hope that you will take the time to submit (or re-submit) your games to the new archive, where we can have full-size screenshots and captions, which are all automatically syndicated to the flixel homepage.

Our web admins are in charge of screening the games that go up there, but pretty much anything is fair game, we'll just only post 3 games a day from the queue.  So yea.  2.50 is go, new website is go, new game archive is go, and Ludum Dare 20 kicks off this Friday night :D

ONWARD!!

axcho

• View Profile
    • Evolution Live!
Re: v2.50 released!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Apr 27, 2011 »
Congrats! ;D

Any chance you could make the "updates" bar clickable and link to the @flixation Twitter page? I always want to click to go there whenever I visit the site but end up having to type in the URL by hand every time...

Geti

• View Profile
    • 1 Bar Design
« Reply #2 on: Wed, Apr 27, 2011 »
Only problem with the layout is that the forums link is now buried in the contribute page, everything else is sweeeeet :D

cai

• Contributor
  • the illest of villains
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Cash
« Reply #3 on: Wed, Apr 27, 2011 »
Really digging the new site!  Definitely agree with Geti that the forum link should be more prevalent, though, since you can find so much here.

Is anyone working on making the forum match yet?  It wasn't too difficult last time, so I could do it if needed.
Follow me on Twitter | Come join us at #flixel on irc.freenode.net!

Adam Atomic

• Founder
  • Key Contributor
  • new dad
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic
« Reply #4 on: Wed, Apr 27, 2011 »
Only problem with the layout is that the forums link is now buried in the contribute page, everything else is sweeeeet :D

It also has it's own giant button on the help page!

And no, no one has volunteered to theme the forums yet, I was hoping you would cai :D