Author Topic: [somewhat SOLVED] Internal build error when changing SWF size  (Read 1728 times)

Pixelwidth

• View Profile
Hello there!

I've recently begun using Flixel, and I've stumbled upon a quite annoying problem.

I'm using Flash Builder 4.5, and I have a test project that looks like this:

Code: [Select]
package {
import flash.display.Sprite;
import org.flixel.*;

[SWF(width = 500, height = 100)]

public class TestFlx extends FlxGame {
public function TestFlx() {
super(500, 100, TestState)
}
}
}

This one works just fine. The problem arises if I change the SWF size if I've already run the project. For example if I run the above once and then change "[SWF(width = 500, height = 100)]" to "[SWF(width = 501, height = 101)]", I get this error:

Description: An internal build error has occurred. See the error log for more information.
Resource: TestFlx
Path:
Type: Flex Problem

This error then persist no matter what I do, and even if I change the SWF back to it's original size. The only thing that solves it is to change the class to extend Sprite instead of FlxGame (so it clearly has something to do with Flixel), but it returns as soon as a change it back to FlxGame again.

This could be quite a problem if I have worked a long time on a project but then decide I want to change the size of it. I'm pretty sure I could solve it by just copying and pasting everything into a new project, but to save myself from the worry and trouble I wonder if any of you know what causes it and if there's any fix?

I'd love to show you the error log, but I've no idea how to find it on a Mac.

I'm using the latest master version of Flixel. Also, I've installed SourceMate, if that could be part of the the trouble.

« Last Edit: Tue, Jul 5, 2011 by Pixelwidth »

Wing Eraser

Re: Internal build error when changing SWF size
« Reply #1 on: Tue, Jul 5, 2011 »
You forgot to place quotes:
[SWF(width = "500", height = "100")]

Pixelwidth

• View Profile
Re: Internal build error when changing SWF size
« Reply #2 on: Tue, Jul 5, 2011 »
You forgot to place quotes:
[SWF(width = "500", height = "100")]
You're right, but I don't think that is what caused it. It worked without quotes as long as I didn't change the values, and I later discovered that I got the same error if I just tried to add a FlxSprite in TestState.

However, as soon as I uninstalled SourceMate, these problems disappeared. So it seems like it was some quirk in SorceMate that messed things up.