Author Topic: Twitchpack- fly a jetpack  (Read 1831 times)

Christian223

• View Profile
Twitchpack- fly a jetpack
« on: Sat, Jul 2, 2011 »
A couple of weeks ago they released a game I finished some months ago, so here it is, made with flixel and box2d :)

http://www.freeonlinegames.com/game/twitchpack.html

Berzee

• View Profile
Re: Twitchpack- fly a jetpack
« Reply #1 on: Sat, Jul 2, 2011 »
Nice!

Favorite part: how you keep collecting items while crashing to the ground. :D

Least favorite part: well, I'm not sure if it's my least favorite or just takes some getting used to, but it's weird how the guy always rotates to face the mouse cursor (meaning it's hard to boost in a straight line). Thinking about it now I don't know what control scheme would feel better (maybe if you click without moving the mouse, he will just hold that direction?).

It's tough, though! I've yet to get 50.

Random question, what did you use to make the music? It's quite nice.

wonkytonk

• don't panic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tue, Jul 12, 2011 »
Yeah, a very cool game, i have the same issue as Berzee, the character following the mouse has caused me to die a lot. it might be cool to be able to choose between mouse and arrow keys for navigation.
i managed to get up to fifty, but i didn't get any farther than that.

GrimPanda

• View Profile
    • Grim Panda Games
« Reply #3 on: Wed, Jul 13, 2011 »
Unless you have to sign in to play (which I doubt), I just get a black screen when I get to the page.  No game loads.  Chrome 12. FL player 10.x

UPDATE: I think this is a "me only" thing with some of my security settings in flash, as I have seen this with some other games.  I believe it has something to do with third party information, as I deny all.
« Last Edit: Thu, Jul 14, 2011 by GrimPanda »
"Mortis Ailuropoda"

Aenopix

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wed, Jul 13, 2011 »
I like the style of the game, nice art and music. The only problem i got is that i find it difficult to use the jetpack, it seems like it didnt have much power to me.

I enjoyed the game :)

PROGRAM_IX

• That's not krumping! THIS IS KRUMPING!
  • I try not to be that guy, but it's hard sometimes.
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio Page
« Reply #5 on: Mon, Jul 25, 2011 »
Nice!

Favorite part: how you keep collecting items while crashing to the ground. :D

Least favorite part: well, I'm not sure if it's my least favorite or just takes some getting used to, but it's weird how the guy always rotates to face the mouse cursor (meaning it's hard to boost in a straight line). Thinking about it now I don't know what control scheme would feel better (maybe if you click without moving the mouse, he will just hold that direction?).

It's tough, though! I've yet to get 50.

Random question, what did you use to make the music? It's quite nice.

Could you perhaps use a method whereby while the mouse button is held down the direction doesn't change, it only changes for every new click? Just a thought. It might be an acceptable compromise if key control isn't an option.
'I should have just kept my mouth shut' applies to almost every situation. Funny, that.