Author Topic: Terra  (Read 1908 times)

bpercevic

• View Profile
Terra
« on: Thu, Jul 21, 2011 »
I was playing around with some blend modes and after throwing in some simple AI, I came up with Terra.

this is you:

you want to collect these, Stars:

and avoid these, Guardians:

here's a screenshot:

The objective is to score as high as possible.  The Stars run away from you, the Guardians chase you.  The Guardians will sacrifice themselves for the Stars, and if they do then you get minus points,  If you collect Stars you get plus points.

To collect a star you have to hover on it for 2 seconds, but the trick is that they run away so you have to be quick and stay on them.  The amount of points you get depends on your average velocity at the time you collect them.

Guardian sacrifices happen when the Guardian stays in contact with you for 2 seconds, for which the points are also calculated by average velocity, but watch out because they like to surround you if you aren't fast enough to get away.

After 90 seconds you'll see your score, at which time you can press enter to restart.

CONTROLS:
WASD or Arrows for movement

I hope you guys like it,

game.percevic.com/terra/terra.swf - sorry, my host is 1% uptime! :(
« Last Edit: Sun, Dec 18, 2011 by percevic »

felipe

• games!
    • View Profile
    • i love pixel
Re: Terra
« Reply #1 on: Thu, Jul 21, 2011 »
Looks visually attractive, nice!

I do get this error:

Error #2044: ioError no controlado: text=Error #2032: Error de secuencia. URL: http://game.percevic.com/terra/scores.txt
   at Main01()[/Users/bpercevic/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4/ProjectShuttle/src/Main01.as:14]
   at Menu/update()[/Users/bpercevic/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4/ProjectShuttle/src/Menu.as:68]
   at org.flixel::FlxGame/update()[/Users/bpercevic/Flixel_2_5/org/flixel/FlxGame.as:635]
   at org.flixel::FlxGame/step()[/Users/bpercevic/Flixel_2_5/org/flixel/FlxGame.as:585]
   at org.flixel::FlxGame/onEnterFrame()[/Users/bpercevic/Flixel_2_5/org/flixel/FlxGame.as:453]

I click continue and it works fine.

Also, the game runs at 10fps , but probably that is just me.

bpercevic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thu, Jul 21, 2011 »
weird, I get no error.  I uploaded that scores.txt file just now, maybe that'll stop the error.  I get 60fps on my computer, although I think its very memory intensive and since I'm nowhere near AS3 expert I'd suspect that its very inefficient and could be optimized.  I'm actually going to put up the source code later today, if anyone is interested in learning from it, or learning the things you should not do :P

thePalindrome

• View Profile
    • My site!
« Reply #3 on: Wed, Aug 17, 2011 »
erm, all the pictures and the .swf are returning 404, are you having issues with your host?

or is it just that section?
He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool, shun hum.   He who knows not and knows that he knows not is a child, teach him.   He who knows and knows not that he knows is asleep, wake him.   He who knows and knows that he knows is wise, follow him.
~Persian proverb

bpercevic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wed, Aug 17, 2011 »
erm, all the pictures and the .swf are returning 404, are you having issues with your host?

or is it just that section?

sorry, fixed the links :P

KunoNoOni

• "Never tell me the odds"
  • Code is Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tue, Aug 23, 2011 »
Wow, what a very interesting game!

-KunoNoOni