Author Topic: Cycle of Life (finished)  (Read 1268 times)

bpercevic

• View Profile
Cycle of Life (finished)
« on: Sat, Dec 17, 2011 »
http://megaswf.com/serve/1427364

I'm not too proud of this title, but I want to post it anyway to see what you guys think.  This was for an independent study, I didn't have a lot of time so the sprites are crappy and lack any cool animations.  The theme of the project was life, so I created a continuous game that you can quit once you played through it one time but otherwise it keeps looping to simulate life/ generations of a family.

move with arrows, interact by pressing space or holding space if you're unsure of what to do. 

enjoy!

Umz

Re: Cycle of Life (finished)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, Dec 19, 2011 »
Simple enough. No need to be ashamed of this, everyone starts somewhere right.
I think you could easily build on this project here if you wanted to, but it's nice to be able to look back and be able to compare with your current work right :)

camasthecat

• Contributor
  • WOW! 400+ Posts!? Jeez! Do I have a life!?!?
    • View Profile
    • My site for thermalJS, an HTML5/Javascript engine kinda-like flixel:
« Reply #2 on: Mon, Dec 19, 2011 »
I like the idea! It's a good start - I have made a few games, but I want them perfect, so I never actually published one...

Umz

« Reply #3 on: Wed, Dec 21, 2011 »
I like the idea! It's a good start - I have made a few games, but I want them perfect, so I never actually published one...

They will never be as perfect as if you post them and get some feedback ;)

Deathcraft

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thu, Dec 22, 2011 »
I think that the idea of your game is pretty interesting. You may expand it by making "lives" generete procedurally, depending someway on actions.
Also I actually like the visual style of the game - makes me think of tribal art - you may expand the idea by making it look even more primitive. I mean, make it stylish even more.
The gameplay itself is not very interesting - there is no challenge.
As for software itself - I don't know whether it is an error on my side, but the player and text seems to be running off bounds of flash container.
Overall I think that your game has a great potential if polished and done right, keep up the good work!