Author Topic: how to check framerate?  (Read 1410 times)

mol

• View Profile
how to check framerate?
« on: Tue, Mar 27, 2012 »
im struggling to find where is the debug window that tells me the framerate, i've seen some threads telling that it "appears" by pressing  "~" or ""  but i just dont understand where
here is a screenshot of what i understand as "flash develop debug window"

sorry if its a silly question

paala

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: how to check framerate?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, Mar 27, 2012 »
press \

zaphod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tue, Mar 27, 2012 »
You should call "forceDebugger = true;" in your game's constructor class (which extends FlxGame) and then you'll be able to use debugger by pressing "~" key (usually it located over "tab" key and below "esc" key).

huhwhozat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tue, Apr 3, 2012 »
Yes, 'flash debug window' and 'flixel debug window' are very different things.

Jeff

• View Profile
    • Entertainment Evolution
« Reply #4 on: Sat, Apr 7, 2012 »
I'm also having some conceptual problems with framerates. There are references to three different framerates:

• GameFramerate - The game code loop
  • FlashFramerate - how often things should be rendered?
  • framerate - How often things are actually rendered (or calculated?)?
I understand the point of having the first two defined separately, and that the CPU might not be capable of maintaining those two so the third might be lower, but could you help me with these questions:

• How can the framerate ( FlxG.framerate) be HIGHER than both the GameFramerate and FlashFramerate? For some reason I'm getting 62.5 for the framerate, even though the GameFramerate and FlashFramerate are defined as 60 and 30.
  • I see the GameFramerate as being the most crucial one, as it affects the implementation of everything. But how do I get that from another class, since FlxG has only references the flashFramerate and framerate? Or is framerate in fact the same as GameFramerate, since FlxG has this statement in it : FlxG.framerate = GameFramerate; ? If they are the same, why am I getting 62.5 instead of 60, which is defined in the FlxGame constructor?
  • How can I call getter and setter functions that consist of two words, like "static public function get flashFramerate():Number"?
Please give me feedback for my latest game in progress:
Blog: Entertainment Evolution