Author Topic: Spriter - Flixel implementation  (Read 5547 times)

LoveMeDo

• View Profile
    • Bear Air
Re: Spriter - Flixel implementation
« Reply #20 on: Thu, May 3, 2012 »
Hello together,
I checked it out, and it looks very promising. :)

Probably a noobish question: what are the benefits for using Spriter instead of Flash CS (except the purchasing costs, of course)? Does Spriter have some features that go very well with Flixel?

Cheers,
LoveMeDo?

Tap

• Macromedia, we miss you.
  • Hi.
    • View Profile
    • my blog
« Reply #21 on: Sat, May 5, 2012 »
@LoveMeDo: It does not currently implement any special features that Flash doesn't have... other than the SCML universal format, which is much easier to work with.  Also, Spriter's workflow is faster.  Instead of importing images to a library within the fla file, just place the images in folders.
Looking to join a talented game dev team as a programmer and/or artist.  Want to make games similar to Rogue Legacy and Terraria.

luc

• no ablo anything except french
    • View Profile
    • scribbles
« Reply #22 on: Mon, May 7, 2012 »
I'm toying with a friend who did an HaXe port and he could load and use my Spriter's files.
Found out that the generator wasn't generating the correct Class names.
Python 2.7.3 is installed. Still launching the .py generator would make an empty text file.

Tried on the demo project and it would generate this
Code: [Select]
[Embed(source="../../assets/sprites/example hero/p1_arms_0/arm_0.png")] public static const arm_0:Class;instead of
[Embed(source="../../assets/sprites/example hero/p1_arms_0/arm_0.png")] public static const p1_arms_0$$arm_0:Class;
The demo was working in its original state, so I followed the template and added the missing paths with $$.
But still the same error, not sure if it helps but it breaks in FlxSpriter at
camera.buffer.copyPixels(_blittingRenderer.buffer, _blittingRenderer.buffer.rect, _flashPoint, null, null, true);reporting this error
[Fault] exception, information=TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
Also if I don't add the instance to the display list the .swf is working properly.

I'm on WinXP32.
Has someone experienced this problem ?
Don't really know what to do now.
Would love to be able to test my Spriter exports  :)
« Last Edit: Mon, May 7, 2012 by luc »

LoveMeDo

• View Profile
    • Bear Air
« Reply #23 on: Wed, May 9, 2012 »
@LoveMeDo: It does not currently implement any special features that Flash doesn't have... other than the SCML universal format, which is much easier to work with.  Also, Spriter's workflow is faster.  Instead of importing images to a library within the fla file, just place the images in folders.

Ah, alright. Thank you very much! Your answer helped me a lot.