Author Topic: Flixel Help: Techniques for animating flight paths?  (Read 946 times)

VictorGrunn

• View Profile
I'm in the middle of making a side-scrolling shooter style game. Now, I can think of a few ways to animate the flight paths of the enemies that appear onscreen. To give a few examples I've figured out...

* Straight up velocity/acceleration changes, obviously. Kind of hard to get too inventive with this on its own.
* Flixel's pathfinding. I haven't used this yet, but it seems like a no brainer for getting enemies to move in a pattern.
* TweenMax. It takes a lot of trial and error in my experience to use this right, but you can pull off some real interesting patterns using this.

What I'm wondering is, are there any good methods I'm missing? I vaguely recall something about placing enemies using a Tilemap and somehow having that scroll across the screen, but I forget where I read about this.

initials

• Contributor
  • Initials
    • View Profile
    • Initials Blog. Code and other things.
Re: Flixel Help: Techniques for animating flight paths?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Apr 18, 2012 »
Use the Ogmo Editor to lay out your enemies and draw paths for them.

Parse that path into a FlxPath.

Have the enemy follow or yo-yo along that path.

Initials: Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Above The Clouds, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart