Author Topic: [SOLVED] Is there a way to add object not from flixel framework to the FlxState  (Read 1209 times)

akaLander

• View Profile
Hi!
While working on my game I've stumbled upon this tool: http://www.flash****.it/fps-monitor/ but I've still didn't find the way to add it to my game. Is there a way to add object not from flixel framework to the FlxState? Every time I try to add an object, FlashDeveloper says it should be FlxBasic.
« Last Edit: Sat, May 12, 2012 by akaLander »

wg/funstorm

• Global Moderator
  • Key Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Funstorm
I don't know of an easy way. Suggestions:

- You know you can press ` (or ~ on some keyboards) to bring up a debug window that shows fps & memory usage and more information while the game is running right? It doesn't have the fancy graph but I find it more useful because of the flixel-specific info it displays like object and draw count.

- I don't know this particular fps monitor, but I used a similar one by adding it to the flash stage on top of flixel. Eg FlxG.stage.addChild(new fpsMonitor());

akaLander

• View Profile
Thank you, FlxG.stage.addChild(new fpsMonitor()) works well  :) The reason I needed this is that I can't access console in release build. And I will need to add non Flixel objects to my next game too.

camasthecat

• Contributor
  • WOW! 400+ Posts!? Jeez! Do I have a life!?!?
    • View Profile
    • My site for thermalJS, an HTML5/Javascript engine kinda-like flixel: