Author Topic: [SOLVED] - How to make flash develop recreate the files in the /bin directory?  (Read 1428 times)

AlbertHallX

• View Profile
Using FlashDevelop 4.0.3 and Win7 Ultimate.

Somehow the index.html, js directory, and whatever else appears in the /bin folder got deleted.

Now when I build my project, it creates the .SWF file just fine, but those other files are not recreated.
I tried to just copy the index.html from another project but it didn't look correct once I viewed it on the web.

Surely there is just a way to make flash develop recreate those support files right?
« Last Edit: Thu, Jun 21, 2012 by AlbertHallX »

photonstorm

• Administrator
  • Key Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Photon Storm
Just create a new blank project and copy the files over? The only thing you'd have to change is the path to the SWF in the index.html - and by default it sets the width/height to 100%, so that'll need changing to the actual size too, but that's all.
http://www.photonstorm.com

"Tell me and I will forget, show me and I might remember, involve me and I will understand" - Confucius

AlbertHallX

• View Profile
That did work, but I am still getting an odd error.

The SWF file seems to work fine if you just click on it.
But clicking on the index.html file does not show it correctly.

I am starting to believe that, since the game attempts to launch in full screen mode, that may not be allowed unless you press a button to tell it to enter full screen.

I used this article to add the 'fullscreen' effect:
http://www.funstormgames.com/blog/2011/10/flixel-fullscreen-mode-and-resizeable-windows/

But set it at the start to simply start in fullscreen, rather than go full when a button is pressed.

AlbertHallX

• View Profile
Just creating a new blank project and copying the files over does seem to work.

As far as the full screen error. I added a button that you have to press to go fullscreen and that works great.
I think I remember reading in a book about flash that the fullscreen event can only be called from a button.
It cannot be done automatically.