Author Topic: We need your help ironing out Flixel bugs!  (Read 3444 times)

IQAndreas

• View Profile
    • IQAndreas.com
We need your help ironing out Flixel bugs!
« on: Tue, Apr 30, 2013 »
We are working on an unofficial fork of Flixel in which we are fixing all of Flixel's old bugs. (Once all the old bugs are fixed, we will be adding new features.)

We need help with:
 * Fixing old bugs (all listed in GitHub)
 * Verifying the code and checking for errors in pull requests (all listed on GitHub as well)

If you want to help out, please read the contributing instructions, and then send us a pull request. If you are unfamiliar with or new to GIT, you can also post bug fixes in this thread and one of us can create a pull request for you.

More details about the FlixelCommunity fork
Flixel Community was born as a healthy fork of Flixel. It is not supposed to replace Flixel or to compete with it, but to co-exist. Adam encouraged us to grow a community version and maintain it to our heart's content, even offering it as an alternative to Flixel.

Tap

• Macromedia, we miss you.
  • Hi.
    • View Profile
    • my blog
Re: We need your help ironing out Flixel bugs!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, May 3, 2013 »
Isn't that a pretty old fork?

Well, good luck with it.  I hope you get it cleaned up perfectly.  I look forward to Flixel getting more features. ;)
Looking to join a talented game dev team as a programmer and/or artist.  Want to make games similar to Rogue Legacy and Terraria.

Dovyski

• View Profile
    • As3GameGears
« Reply #2 on: Fri, May 3, 2013 »
I just want to reinforce IQAndreas invitation. The Flixel Community project is open for everyone to join. We are really close to fixing all bugs in the 2.56 release, so we can start working on new features for Flixel.

Every little help counts and is more than welcome. Join us! :)

war_fire

« Reply #3 on: Sat, May 4, 2013 »
YOu should do krix's fix for bad sprite movement. The post is here. It really helps, you should put it in.

Koshmaar

• Game Developer
    • View Profile
    • Koshmaar Games
« Reply #4 on: Sat, May 11, 2013 »
Hey guys, this is great initiative. I have a lot of changes in Flixel, that I needed for my game. I'd imagine some of them would be useful for others or could be considered new features.

I'll jump and help you after some time, unfortunately currently I'm very busy with life. Keep us updaded how you're doing!

Dovyski

• View Profile
    • As3GameGears
« Reply #5 on: Wed, May 15, 2013 »
Thanks guys for the suggestions and support!

war_fire

« Reply #6 on: Sat, Jun 29, 2013 »
I would request for another file in the utils: gen-project.bat. All the other files are mac shell things, ( not counting  the .py) so its time for something for windows.

I'm not fantastic with batch, but this is what i use:
Code: [Select]
@ECHO OFF
set name=
set /p name= What do you want the call your project?
CLS
ECHO Generating Project...
XCOPY "Flixel\Project Template\*.*" %name%\ /e /i /f /h /y
CLS
ECHO Project Created!
PAUSE

THis generates a flixel project from a template in Flixel\Project Template. This is useful as a template can be easily customized, (for example, someone who always uses a Player class, or someone who puts everything in com.steve.mode) BUT because od that, you need a template. This could be included in the git download, but size might be an issue.

Anyway, feel free to put that in. You dont have to though.

-EDIT-

Also feel free to modify/improve it. That will probably need to be done.