Author Topic: OUYA and Flixel-Gdx  (Read 3018 times)

Wizdo

• Flixel-Gdx User
    • View Profile
OUYA and Flixel-Gdx
« on: Wed, Jul 10, 2013 »
I was checking out the new android console called "OUYA" and looking at making games for it and found out that lib-gdx which is what flixel-gdx is built on is supported on the OUYA. So I am asking is flixel-gdx supported on the OUYA, and if not can it be altered to support the controller and stuff (which would be awesome)?

war_fire

Re: OUYA and Flixel-Gdx
« Reply #1 on: Thu, Jul 11, 2013 »
There are a fair few threads on this already, just search it.

Wing Eraser

« Reply #2 on: Thu, Jul 11, 2013 »
I was checking out the new android console called "OUYA" and looking at making games for it and found out that lib-gdx which is what flixel-gdx is built on is supported on the OUYA. So I am asking is flixel-gdx supported on the OUYA, and if not can it be altered to support the controller and stuff (which would be awesome)?

Yes it runs on OUYA, because flixel-gdx is just an engine that depends on libgdx. OUYA is nothign than an Android and I wouldn't even call it a platform. Just an Android with a controller and without a screen. There is a Controller plugin in progress. However none of the member got an OUYA (in my case I have no interest). I'll try to hook a Dual Shock on my android stick and test the plugin.

In single line, yes you can develop OUYA games with flixel-gdx and yes it's awesome!

Wizdo

• Flixel-Gdx User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thu, Jul 11, 2013 »
Cool Thanks! Can't wait till the plugin is done!

ratalaika

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sun, Jul 21, 2013 »
Hello, I have an OUYA of my own, and my company maintain a project which fork from flixel-gdx, we completed the OUYA controller extension a few days ago (I got my OUYA at the middle of this month D:!!), so we may release it really soon :).

I'll create a port to support flixel-gdx as well ^^.

Leebo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Fri, Jul 26, 2013 »
Hmm, I've been looking into making an Ouya game with Flixel and AIR, but I hate AIR's controller scheme. If you get the controller plugin working, I'd have to check this out.

Gama11

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Fri, Jul 26, 2013 »

Wing Eraser

« Reply #7 on: Wed, Aug 7, 2013 »