Author Topic: Flixel on Android  (Read 13599 times)

felipe

• games!
    • View Profile
    • i love pixel
Re: Flixel on Android
« Reply #20 on: Fri, Sep 30, 2011 »
Someone should make a port of flixel to monkey and just forget about dealing with xcode, java, html5 and XNA.
One language to rule them all!

akcrew

• View Profile
Re: Flixel on Android
« Reply #21 on: Sun, Oct 9, 2011 »
Hi! So I followed you tutorial and got a small game running a few days ago, now I am trying to switch the controls to touchscreen instead of the D-pad.  I am running into some problems and was wondering if anyone here could help me.  It looks like flixel doesn't have any built in touchscreen functions so I am overriding onTouchEvent(MotionEvent event) in my FlixelDemo.java and then using getting the coordinates of the touch. I then have a function in my Player.java that given the touch coordinates could tell me whether my player has been touched.  The problem I am having is trying to figure out how to get to/call that function (isCollision) from in the activity.  It seems that I can only override the onTouchEvent in FlixelDemo.java and that I can only use the isCollision function in GameState.java where I add the player. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or help me figure out a different way of implementing touch events?