Author Topic: NapeFlixel conversion from haxe, working out the bugs  (Read 2463 times)

bumblefish

• View Profile
So I have been coming here a while now, I thought I'd make an account and post what I've been working on as it might be helpful to someone else.

I've been converting haxe code to as3 to be able to use Nape with flixel. 

I have FlxNapeState, FlxNapeSprite, and FlxAngle converted and working and changed to FlixelNapeState, FlixelNapeSprite, and FlixelAngle,  with the exception of a bug or two.

Ive yet to try constraints as I'm still learning Nape.

If I change states to quickly I get an error at flxbasic, And it's possible that there may be a memory leak.

If anyone can spot any problems or add to these classes I believe this would be helpful to the community when finished.
You will need to have the power tools and you will also need nape.swc  added to your library.

Here is what i have so far.
Here is a link to it on github!
https://github.com/bumblefish/FlixelNape

« Last Edit: Fri, Nov 15, 2013 by bumblefish »

Gama11

• Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: NapeFlixel conversion from haxe, working out the bugs
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Oct 30, 2013 »
Nice work! I highly suggest you upload this to GitHub though, will be a lot more readable that way. That'll make it way more likely for someone contributes to this, or use it in the first place. :) Or, if you don't do that, at least use the code-tags.

bumblefish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Fri, Nov 15, 2013 »
Well I seem to have it working fine. I have a few changes from the original such a createCircularBodyKinematic and CreateCircularBodyStatic as their own functions, and the same goes for rectangular bodies. You can see the updated versions on github at the link I posted earlier.

Thanks again for everyone who worked on the original!

paala

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thu, Dec 12, 2013 »
Hello,

Can you post the whole project on github, so I can compile and test.

Thanks.

bumblefish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Fri, Dec 13, 2013 »
Well I am a little new to github but I will figure out how to put the whole project on github monday after the Ludum Dare is over.
I have a game on newgrounds with it now at this link.        http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/628649