Author Topic: [18+ ONLY] Hentai Game: Taihen  (Read 5502 times)

fruki

• View Profile
[18+ ONLY] Hentai Game: Taihen
« on: Wed, Jan 6, 2010 »
I didnt read anything on the rules about 18+ games, if the mods find it doesnt belong to the flixel community, please feel free to delete this thread.

I made a hentai game in 2 weeks, it was my first game in flixel.
(note: i've been doing games in c++ for almost 5 years now, it was not my first game).

Did it just by modifying the Mode example and using royalty free images/sounds/music from the net.
Needed to know if I could get cash from flash games, and it worked very well.

You can play it in the link below (18+ ONLY please, viewer discretion is advised)
http://www.funny-games.biz/taihen-sex-game.html

Any feedback is welcome.

ETG

• View Profile
Re: [18+ ONLY] Hentai Game: Taihen
« Reply #1 on: Wed, Jan 6, 2010 »
Not bad for two weeks, and getting paid for it.

What's up with the terrible filtering on the images?

vonWolfehaus

• View Profile
    • Cold Constructs
« Reply #2 on: Wed, Jan 6, 2010 »
Hah! If only I learned history with games like these, I would've gotten MUCH better grades!

Except I was really frustrated that what the game thought was a correct answer is in fact wrong. Example-- Jesus had TWELVE disciples, not 7. And there was another one about the land and lords/nobles but I forgot. Some quick fact-checking with wikipedia would have helped a lot.

Congrats on the loot!
Meet Obama every day at #flixel on irc.freenode.net.
Use your favorite IRC client or  http://webchat.freenode.net/

fefranca

« Reply #3 on: Thu, Jan 7, 2010 »
That's quite interesting, makes me wonder if an adult game actually gets 10x more revenue than regular polished games :)

Would you mind sharing where did you get the tile / character graphics from? They look pretty good.

I thought the filesize was kinda large, you could certainly bring that down using JPEGs and masks or smart bitmap filters. Maybe you should consider having a greater range of questions for each quiz (e.g. if you try again, you get some other questions). Other than that, good job!

fruki

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Mon, Jan 11, 2010 »
What's up with the terrible filtering on the images?

It was a photoshop comic effect that I googled. It was really a pain in the ass to do all the images and cut them out to make the background transparent. Anyway its the last time I use this technique as lot of people think its due to a compression or filtering glitch.

I was really frustrated that what the game thought was a correct answer is in fact wrong. Example-- Jesus had TWELVE disciples, not 7. And there was another one about the land and lords/nobles but I forgot. Some quick fact-checking with wikipedia would have helped a lot.

I must of made an error making the statements into questions, as I had to do it all manually. I double checked most of them, so maybe I left one or two behind.

That's quite interesting, makes me wonder if an adult game actually gets 10x more revenue than regular polished games :)

Would you mind sharing where did you get the tile / character graphics from? They look pretty good.

I thought the filesize was kinda large, you could certainly bring that down using JPEGs and masks or smart bitmap filters. Maybe you should consider having a greater range of questions for each quiz (e.g. if you try again, you get some other questions). Other than that, good job!

1. I got 200$ out of 2 weeks of the game (actually it was 3 weeks, as I had to implement the preloader thing and ads into the game manually because the sponsor only had flash4 files to give, and I dont have flash4), dont know if its 10x more, but I actually doubt it.

2. All royalty free resources I used have the authors website on the main screen in the game. It was the only restriction to use them. You can see the urls on the bottom. The sprites were actually from a japanese site.

3. Thats the biggest problem I encountered. I'm all into c++ games and I normally just copy the files as-is. I dont have the mentality (yet) for size improvements. But, it was my first online game ever, so I think it wast too bad.

Thanks everyone for the good critics. Everyone should learn from their mistakes, but first we need to know which are mistakes.

Oh, and thanks to Adam and this wonderful piece of code he made.