Author Topic: Isometric Game Environment using flixel  (Read 5701 times)

platypusfactory

• View Profile
    • Game Blog
Isometric Game Environment using flixel
« on: Sun, Jan 10, 2010 »
I'm interested in making a game that uses isometric environments but I'm wondering if it would be highly difficult to do in flixel?  I mostly see 2d games.  Does anyone have any tutorials or games to reference that would be helpful?

vonWolfehaus

• View Profile
    • Cold Constructs
Re: Isometric Game Environment using flixel
« Reply #1 on: Sun, Jan 10, 2010 »
Isometric games ARE 2d, usually. It's just smoke and mirrors to make it look like it has depth. Check out this book for how to make an iso engine, I don't imagine it'd be much hassle to hook it up with Flixel.

Also... GOOGLE IT.
Meet Obama every day at #flixel on irc.freenode.net.
Use your favorite IRC client or  http://webchat.freenode.net/

platypusfactory

• View Profile
    • Game Blog
« Reply #2 on: Sun, Jan 10, 2010 »
Makes sense von since there were isometric games for snes that weren't built on 3D engines.  I have that book you mentioned but haven't read the whole thing.  Smoke and mirrors and a little math...works for me.

daquino

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thu, Jun 27, 2013 »

Also... GOOGLE IT.

Well, that's ironic... I was googling it, and the first result is this page, with a guy telling me to google it... how useful!

Gama11

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thu, Jun 27, 2013 »
Well, that's ironic... I was googling it, and the first result is this page, with a guy telling me to google it... how useful!

Lol, indeed. But as this thread is quite old, by now the Axonmetric lib has been created for flixel, you should find that quite useful.

Zapleaf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wed, Sep 24, 2014 »
God I love the internet.  Googled how to make iso games with flexil and first post is a guy telling me to Google it.  Thank you Gama11, for the great link, I'm sure you've helped a ton of people by plugging that into this thread.

Posting on this site is a massive pain in the ass...  Really kills the communication between developers, I would imagine.