Author Topic: mflixel for v1.54  (Read 2223 times)

Markham

mflixel for v1.54
« on: Fri, Jan 15, 2010 »
So I finally figured out how to push my own modifications to flixel on GitHub.  Sort of.  It logged me as "unknown" and whatever it had me do in Vim didn't do anything.

Download mflixel v1.54.2

Changes from flixel v1.54 in mflixel v1.54.1:
  • Timer and advanced flicker mods added
  • FlxBlock, FlxButton, FlxLayer, and FlxTilemap can have color and alpha applied to them.
  • FlxBlock, FlxButton, FlxLayer, and FlxTilemap can have visibility turned off, also allowing them to flicker.
  • FlxLayer passes alpha and color to children without overriding specific settings in children. (ie: a child at 0.5 alpha in a layer with 0.8 alpha will display with an alpha at 0.4)
  • FlxButton now extends FlxLayer
  • FlxText can be set to italics mode.  Can show either a smooth italics or pixelated italics.
  • /data/FlxPanel extends a FlxLayer

Docs aren't updated, I don't know how to do that.

FlxText Italics in action:

The font is size 24.  setItalics is run with strength set to -2 and height set to 3.
« Last Edit: Sun, Jan 24, 2010 by Markham »

fefranca

Re: mflixel for v1.54
« Reply #1 on: Fri, Jan 15, 2010 »
Some very good ideas that could be added to the official Flixel, thanks for sharing :)

winduptoy

« Reply #2 on: Tue, Jan 19, 2010 »
I would love alpha for FlxLayers in the official release!

Keep up the good work.  ;D

Markham

« Reply #3 on: Sun, Jan 24, 2010 »
I've just pushed an update to mflixel.  Commit details are here and here.

Changes for mflixel 1.54.2:
  • New class: FlxVisual.  FlxVisual extends FlxCore. It handles things like alpha and color changes.
  • FlxBlock, FlxButton, FlxLayer, and FlxTilemap now extend FlxVisual.  They also skip the render function if alpha is set to 0.
  • New functionality: FlxVisual objects can now use the "fade" function, which will fade the object to the desired alpha level in the desired amount of time, with the option of executing a function at the end.