Author Topic: Help with HelloWorld  (Read 1496 times)

lemonscythe

Help with HelloWorld
« on: Sat, Jan 23, 2010 »
I was following the Hello, World! tutorial for Flashdevelop, and everything seemed to be going well, but when i went to test the movie, this came up:

lemonscythe

Re: Help with HelloWorld
« Reply #1 on: Sat, Jan 23, 2010 »
Sorry for the double post, but the image didn't work. A window pops up that says "Compiler Configuration Required" on the window label thing, then "Would you like to open the AS3 context settings to configure the compiler?" How do I get the project to play?

photonstorm

• Administrator
  • Key Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Photon Storm
« Reply #2 on: Sat, Jan 23, 2010 »
You need to point FlashDevelop to the path of the Flex SDK.
It's telling you where to do this in the error.

Do as it says and it will at least try to compile, then you'll know if you have any errors or a working game.
http://www.photonstorm.com

"Tell me and I will forget, show me and I might remember, involve me and I will understand" - Confucius

lemonscythe

« Reply #3 on: Sat, Jan 23, 2010 »
I'm not sure what exactly I can do. When I click yes, it takes me to a settings menu, there's no way to point it to flex SDK.

photonstorm

• Administrator
  • Key Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Photon Storm
« Reply #4 on: Sat, Jan 23, 2010 »
Tools - Settings - Click AS3Context on the left -  Scroll to the "Language" section on the right - "Flex SDK Location" - edit it.
http://www.photonstorm.com

"Tell me and I will forget, show me and I might remember, involve me and I will understand" - Confucius

lemonscythe

« Reply #5 on: Sat, Jan 23, 2010 »
Ok, now when i play it, a thing drops down from where the tabs are and says, "The type 'PlayState' does not match the file name: ..." What does that mean?

cai

• Contributor
  • the illest of villains
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Cash
« Reply #6 on: Sat, Jan 23, 2010 »
That means that you have the class PlayState in a file that is not PlayState.as.  Filenames and pathnames need to match the content of the files.
Follow me on Twitter | Come join us at #flixel on irc.freenode.net!